Join Karsten's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesElma is a 50-year-old married woman with four children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Elma has a fruit vending business in the Philippines. She requ...Read their story >
- General StoreColombiaThanks for the support provided to Jorge Mario with his prior loan. He was able to invest in raw materials such as drinks and food, and bought miscellaneous articles such ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaVon is a 31-year-old married woman who has been living in Baray district, Kompong Tom province. Von is engaged in a farming business to support her living, primarily growin...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaMary, a 41-year-old mother of three, is a woman with an unending desire to achieve. She is a resourceful woman who works hard to raise her children despite her tough living...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaPov, age 56, is married and a lovely mother of six children. She and her husband help each others to improve the family's economic situation by working very dilligently and...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Karsten, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,227 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.