Join Karsten's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaJudy (a 46-year-old mom of four) is a woman who has always dreamed of living a fulfilling life. Judy works with a lot of determination so that she can achieve her dreams. O...Read their story >
- FarmingTanzaniaMaria, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is now proud to represent her group of 16 farmers in Wanging'ombe District. She is 44 years old, married...Read their story >
- ClothingColombiaMario is a 59-year-old shopkeeper who lives in Barranquilla with his spouse. The idea for his business began in 1994 with the production of articles of clothing like unifor...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesAmalia is a 36-year-old resident of Laur, Nueva Ecija, is single, and focusing on managing her business. She has been engaged in managing a variety store for almost four ye...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesVivian is 46 years old and a widow with two children. With two children still in school, Vivian works very hard to provide for them.
Vivian runs a general store...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Karsten, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,007 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.