Join Karsten's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanAsad engages in animal husbandry to earn his living. He has worked in this business for 15 years, and he is accomplished and enthusiastic about his work. He is well-known b...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- Animal SalesPeruBeder is 40 years old and is in a common-law relationship. He lives in his own house with his wife and his children. They live in the district of Zaña, Chiclayo province, L...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Food Production/SalesKenyaMesalimu is a married mother of two children, all of whom attend school. She owns a house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses are sc...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Food MarketGhanaThe client, Charity, who belongs to the Onua-Do Group, is a 48 year old business woman who is married and the mother of two children.
She began her micro-busine...Read their story >Funding via ID Ghana
- RickshawPakistanSajida lives in Lahore. She is 31 years old, married, and the mother of six children. Her husband is a rickshaw driver by profession. He provides transportation services lo...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Karsten, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,841 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.