Join Karsten's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaIsaac is a young man with visions and great aspirations. At only 26 years old, Isaac has managed to purchase a dairy cow and a goat. He has a beautiful wife who he recently...Read their story >
- CerealsHaitiMarcelin is a community worker who has integrated economic development and livelihoods initiatives in his neighborhood.
He is retailing cereals to small grocer...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaIbrahim is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer who lives in a modest cement house with his family in Gora village. Previously, despite toiling for long hours on his farm...Read their story >
- FarmingTajikistanAmirshoh was born in 1973. He lives with his family in Gissar, Tajikistan. His wife is a farmer and they are bringing up four children. Amirshoh has land where he grows cro...Read their story >
- General StorePakistanNaheeda is married and mother of 4 children. All of her children are currently going to school. She is a dedicated housewife and also runs a general store in her neighbourh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Karsten, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,001 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.