Join Karsten's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockPhilippinesMa. Genelyn is 46 years old and married with three children.
She earns a living by raising livestock in the Philippines. Ma. Genelyn is borrowing PHP 28,000 thro...Read their story >
- Grocery StorePalestineFalah, who appears in the photo, is 25 years old from Rafah city in Gaza Strip. He is a single man living with his parents. He tries so hard to provide his family all the t...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorJosé studied as far as 5th grade at school. His partner tends to the home and they have a son.
Jose has been working for five years as a bus conductor. He does t...Read their story >
- RickshawPakistanZahoor is 37 years old and a mother of four children. She lives with her spouse in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Her husband is responsible for fulfilling the needs of the ...Read their story >
- Spare PartsPakistanKishwer Bano is aged 39, a mother of six children, living with her children and spouse in the area of Lahore, Pakistan and she standing with her husband in the picture. She...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Karsten, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,387 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.