Join Karsten's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesCherry Mae is 42 years old and married with three children. With one child currently in school, Cherry Mae works very hard to provide for them.
Cherry Mae runs a...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- DairyKenyaCharles is a married man who has two children, and he describes himself as patient. He operates a farm where he keeps dairy cows, and he has been involved in this business ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- FarmingEl SalvadorHoracio is 58 years old and lives in his own house with his life companion and their two children. He makes a living from cultivating basic grains. He has also made a livin...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- General StoreEl SalvadorSixto, 41 years old, finished the second grade in school. He did not continue his studies due to financial hardship. Sixto is single and does not have children. He lives wi...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- AgriculturePeruElfer is 25 years old and is single with no children. He is a responsible, hard-working and enterprising person and his dreams include improving his financial situation and...Read their story >Funding via Asociación de Productores de Tara del Norte (APTN)
Kiva lenders, like Karsten, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,536 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.