Join Karsten's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Primary/secondary school costsLebanonFatmeh is a 57-year-old married woman from Lebanon, living with her husband and four children, one of whom still attends school. Her husband works in agriculture and is alw...Read their story >Funding via Vitas. s.a.l.
- FarmingKenyaRahab is 50 years old and married with 10 children. She has had a farming business for 15 years.
She will be using the loan to purchase farm inputs such as fert...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- FarmingKenyaMuli is a 73 years old man, married, with eight children. He joined Hand in Hand Eastern Africa (HiH-EA) in the year 2013 and has been trained on saving, enterprise and fin...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
- CattleEcuadorAuzalon is 53-years old. He is in a common-law marriage and has two daughters, Luisa is 14 and Fernanda is 11. They can have an education not far from where they live. Thei...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- General StorePhilippinesFlorida is 61 years old and married with six children. Florida works very hard to provide for them.
Florida runs a general store in the Philippines and requested...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Karsten, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,604 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.