Join Karsten's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesFlordy owns a sari-sari (variety) store, where she sells a variety of goods. She is 49 years old and married. She and her husband, a businessman, have one dependent child t...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- Milk SalesPakistanHameeda is a 48 year-old woman who lives with her spouse in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Hameeda has four children. Hameeda has been raising cows as a source of income. Sh...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StoreKenyaFaith is a married woman, with three children. She operates a retail business where she sells sugar, flour, soda and other items. She has been involved in this business for...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- FishingPhilippinesApollo lives in Concepcion, Iloilo, where most communities earn a living through fishing. For many years, he has been supporting his family as a fisherman. Apollo is 46 yea...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- Clothing SalesKenyaJackline is a Kiva borrower. She operates a retail business where she sells clothes. She has been involved in this business for four years. Her business is located in a goo...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Karsten, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,352 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.