Join Philip's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodPhilippinesVivian is 48 years old and married with eight children, two of whom are in school.
Vivian works hard to provide for her family. She runs a frozen food retail bus...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- SewingTajikistanGulsumvi was born in 1979 in Tursun-zoda. She has a daughter and a son who she loves. Her family life is splendid and she is very happy living with her family. Her children...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Clothing SalesTajikistanThe woman in this photo is Salomat. She was born in 1976 in a worker’s family. She is a widow and has four children. She deals with buying and selling a variety of children...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- Beauty SalonColombiaIngris, in her inexhaustible search for a better life and a better economic stability, started a beauty salon business offering her services out of her house or a domicile...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- PrintingPakistanSamina is a 28-year-old woman residing in Gujranwala, Pakistan. She is a mother of three children. Her husband has been running a photo copy shop for the past 10 years and ...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Philip, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,583 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.