Join Philip's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryEl SalvadorMedardo is in the third year of study in legal sciences in the university. He is single and lives with his mother.
Medardo has worked for five years rai...Read their story >
- PigsGuatemalaThe impact that the Microcredit Plus program of loans plus education has on the seven visionary ladies of the Friendship Bridge Trust Bank Las Maravillas is wonderful. Thei...Read their story >
- Home EnergyPalestineSaed is a 34-years-old refugee from Ashdod in the occupied territories. He lives in a camp at Gaza Strip. He is a single young man and lives with his parents, who he tries ...Read their story >
- JewelryTajikistanThe woman in this photo is Umriniso. She was born in 1953 into a worker family. She is an entrepreneur who started her own business two years ago in order to support her hu...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPakistanRiaz Begum is 59 years old, married, and lives with her spouse and four children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Her husband works in a small firm for low wages.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Philip, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,525 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.