Join Philip's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsJordanYaseen is an English language student in university. He is in his senior year and doesn't work, so he is ahead in his studies. He is fond of reading and holds his brother a...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is John, often described as an extremely resourceful person. He is 39 years old, and as a group leader, he is representing his group of eight farmers in Kimi...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- AgricultureArmeniaGet to know Sirvard. She is an agronomist with four years of experience. Sirvard and her husband Shiraz are involved in agricultural activities to provide their son's and g...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Grocery StoreSierra LeoneGreetings from Masuba, a community near the small and busy Northern area in Sierra Leone.
This is 50-year-old Fatu a married mother with 4 children. Her husband...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Sierra Leone
- Animal SalesMaliMr. Boukary is a 40-year old Malian who sells cattle and sheep. He lives in Mali. He is married with six children, and two of his sons are school educated. His wife is a ho...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
Kiva lenders, like Philip, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,515 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.