Join Philip's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanShumaila Bibi, age 36, is a mother of four children. Her husband owns a tailoring shop in the market. This is the only source of income for the family. He needs to purchas...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- TailoringKenyaMary is a married woman. She has three children. She describes herself as determined. She operates a tailoring shop where she makes clothes. She has been involved in thi...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- PoultryColombiaDioniris is 46 years old. She is mother to three children. For the past seven years she has survived by raising and selling chickens. She took advantage of the opportuni...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineSamia is a 43-year-old married woman with three children. She is a housewife and will use the loan to improve her house and improve the quality of life for her and her family.Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesLuzviminda, aged 36, is married to a farmer and they're blessed with 5 children.
She sells bananas in their village and also uses her truck as transportation to...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran (ASKI)
Kiva lenders, like Philip, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,045 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.