Join Paul's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RickshawPakistanBalqees is a 42-year-old lady living with her spouse and two children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan.
Her husband had been driving an auto rickshaw in Lahore c...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Traveling SalesEcuadorAntonio is 43 years old. He is single. He lives with his sister.
He learned to be a merchant from his father from six years of age as he accompanied his father ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- Animal SalesTajikistanMost of the area of Qabadiyon is mountains and fields. This area is used for agriculture. Our hero is a resident of this city. Shodmon was born there, and since childhood h...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- Animal SalesPakistanIt was hard for Zakia to manage her household expenses with the small income of her husband. Zakia is 28 years old, and is a married woman. She is the mother of three child...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesFlorencio is from Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur. He operates a service-based business providing motor transportation services. He has been doing this for many years, and he ear...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,598 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.