Join Paul's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home EnergyNicaraguaReyna is married and has eight children. She currently works on a farm with her older children, growing beans, corn, coffee and yucca. There is no electric power in the com...Read their story >Funding via TECNOSOL
- TailoringKenyaBeatrice is a happily married lady to a caring man.Her husband is a mason by profession aged 38 years. They have 3 children and they support one another.
Beatri...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- PigsColombiaAlfredo is 37 years old and lives in the municipality of Cotorra. He has two children, a son and a daughter, who are his biggest motivation. Ten years ago, he inherited a b...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- ClothingHondurasMartha, 47, is married and lives with her husband and two of her children in a hamlet in the municipality of Choloma, Cortes. She has been making a living for four years s...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- FarmingKenyaLukelesia, pictured above, has been a farmer for 17 years, and is now proud to represent her group of 12 farmers in Matete District. She is 34 years old, is married and has...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,826 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.