Join Paul's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaSule, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Dala village. Sule is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and resource...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanMaryam, aged thirty-eight, is a married woman. She is a hardworking and brave mother who is helping her family by providing tailoring services along with her husband. Both ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Simeon, often described as an extremely resourceful person. He is 68 years old and, as a group leader, is representing his group of nine farmers in Matete...Read their story >
- Education providerPalestineSari, who appears in the photo, is a 23-year-old from Beddya village near Nablus, West Bank. He is a single young man who lives with his family that consists of three sons,...Read their story >
- CattleEcuadorLuis is 29 years old. He is married and has two children, 9 and 6 years old. The house he lives in belongs to his in-laws.
Luis works as a day laborer, and along...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,992 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.