Join Paul's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PubColombiaLuz, 43 years old, is a micro-entrepreneur in the city of Bogotá who has worked her whole life independently and two years ago managed to get her commercial space where he...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- FarmingKenyaWalter supports his five children and wife. He wants to enable his children to study so that they can build a prosperous future.
His family's main income source...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorMoises has a fifth grade education. His life partner takes care of their home. They have one son who has started school.
Moises makes his living selling fruits...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- CerealsKenyaHello, lenders! Meet Mary, a very industrious, honest and hardworking woman from the Nkubu area of Kenya, near the famous Mount Kenya.
Mary has been farming for ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Animal SalesTajikistanSitoramoh is a 38-year-old woman from the Hamadoni region. She is married and has 3 children.
For the last 10 years, Sitoramoh has done animal husbandry work. S...Read their story >Funding via Humo
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,140 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.