Join Paul's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureVietnamMrs. Tham, 34, is an ethnic Thai lady who is married and the mother of three children: two daughters, 9 and 13, and a son, 4. She lives with her husband and her children in...Read their story >Funding via Entrepreneurs du Monde - Anh Chi Em
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorBlanca is 32 years old. She lives in her own home with her husband and their two children. She has been raising and selling chickens for the last 6 years, and with what she...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- FarmingTajikistanMahmadkarim is a strong man. He was born in the northern part of Tajikistan in 1988. He is living in a rural area where doing business in agriculture is very common. He is ...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- RetailTurkeyZeynep is married and a mother of three. She got bored of staying at home. In order to make a contribution to the family budget, Zeynep opened a small grocery store and sta...Read their story >Funding via Maya
- Clothing SalesBoliviaThe communal bank "Asi es la Vida" [That's Life] continues working together. The previous loan was used to buy raw materials, merchandise, to pay for services and to fix up...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,557 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.