Join John's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PharmacyKenyaThis marks Junetter's fourth borrowing to finance her business. She is grateful for loans which have seen her expand her business, employ one youth, and enable her to provi...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaPerla is a woman who can be seen at 5:00 A.M. peeling cassava, which she will use to make “baho” [a traditional Nicaraguan dish] to sell at the market. Throughout her expe...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesFelicisima is 61 years old, married and has 13 children, five of whom are currently in school. She is in the agricultural business, raising pigs in the Philippines.
<...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreHondurasNorma Yolanda is 51 years old and married. She resides with her family in the town of Yoro, in the department of Yoro. For the past 15 years, she has worked selling basic h...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesMa. Luisita is a married woman with three children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Ma. Luisita is 41 years old and her three children are in school.
Ma....Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 9,271 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.