Join John's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketColombiaClaudia, 41 years old, is a hard-working woman who has two children, ages 22 and 4 years old. She always has been involved in the business of provisions in general. She li...Read their story >
- PigsVietnamDuong, who was born in 1985, is a Thai ethnic woman. She lives with her husband and son in Mai Son District, Son La Province.
The main income of her family is...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDear Kiva lenders!
The nice woman in this photo is Anna. She has been described as polite, devoted, responsible and hard working. She works raising animals and ...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaSophen is 37 years old and a married mother of a small child who is under school age. Nowadays, she is living in a wooden house located in Koh Nhek district, Mondulkiri pro...Read their story >
- Fish SellingVietnamNguyệt is 54 years old and is married with four children. Her circumstance is very difficult as her husband passed away seven years ago. She has to work hard to foster her ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,648 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.