Join John's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesNora lives with her family. Nora is the proprietress of a store in which she sells basic necessity products. She has been in this business for many years ago and so far has...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesMadagascarVéronique Céline would like to thank Kiva lenders for her previous loan, which helped her gain new customers. The profits she made allowed her to set up an additional busin...Read their story >
- CattleEcuadorRoció is a loving wife and mother, kind-hearted, responsible, and hard-working. Her humble home is located in the San Isidro parish, close to the barren plain of the city o...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMeet Lisper, a Kiva borrower who is very happy to borrow a loan ahead of the next planting season. She works hard and perseveres because she wants a great future for her fa...Read their story >
- FarmingHondurasJosé is a very responsible and hardworking person. He lives with his family in a community called Aguazul Rancho, which belongs to the Santa Cruz de Yojoa municipality and ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,990 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.