Join John's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Shoe SalesNicaraguaThe communal bank Kelinda is made up of four women with great capabilities and desires to grow. They came together with the purpose of moving their different businesses for...Read their story >Funding via ADIM (Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres)
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesFor 11 years, Delia has earned a living by selling food (snacks) to the community of Sara, Iloilo. She and her family live a simple life in that town. Delia is a 48-year-ol...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- FarmingPakistanMeet Shamim, a farmer from Multan region. At 54 years old, Shamim has been in farming for 10 years. As one can conclude, she is a very experienced farmer. Shamim is married...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingBoliviaCristobal is a 38 year old man. He lives with his partner. They have a 13 year old boy and three daughters, ages 7, 15 and 19. He works in agriculture. He works in the ...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- General StoreColombiaNancy, 37 years old, is an independent businesswoman who worked as an employee for years in a self-service store which today is her own property. This visionary woman, with...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,653 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.