Join John's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ServicesIndonesiaGood day, lenders! This is Wiliani, one of Ruma's agents. As a woman, Wiliani was interested in joining Ruma because she wants to help her husband improve their life. Wili...Read their story >Funding via PT Rekan Usaha Mikro Anda (Ruma)
- RetailEl SalvadorVirginia is a married woman according to her documents, but she is currently separated from her husband. She lives with her six children, three of whom depend financially o...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs. Thanh, born in 1973, is an ethnically Thai woman. She currently lives with her husband and three children in the Mai Son district of Son La province.
Her fa...Read their story >Funding via M7 Microfinance Institution Limited
- General StorePakistanBasheeran is 59 years old, married lady and is running a small general store in her community for many years. She offers a variety of grocery items at a reasonable price ...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- General StoreEl SalvadorJose is an enterprising young man. He is 22 years old and is in education. He is single but hoping to gain an education in order to have something to offer when he has his ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,012 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.