Join John's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesKenyaJackson is 58 years old. He is married and blessed with six children. His businesses are selling used clothes, operating a motorcycle taxi, and farming, which he has engage...Read their story >
- RetailLiberiaMeet Siah, a 49-year-old married woman. She has three children, ranging in age from 15 through 25 years. They are currently in school and living at home.
Siah's...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanThis young and energetic woman with the beautiful name of Gulnora lives in the Kanibadam, Tajikistan. She is 49 years old, married, and has a child.
Gulnora dea...Read their story >
- Spare PartsEl SalvadorSayda is the owner and manager of her own business selling parts and accessories for motorcycles and motorcycle taxis. She learned the business on her own because she need...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesKenyaVeronicah is 47 years old. She is married with 2 children. She has had a retail shop business for 8 years.
She will be using the loan to purchase stocks of soap...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,728 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.