Join John's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaTheresa is 38 years old. She is married with six children. She has had a green grocery business for 16 years selling kale, tomatoes, onions and cabbages earning KES 25,000 ...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesRosalinda is 44 years old and has five children. She is married and has two children who are in school.
She is in the agricultural pig-fattening business in the ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaLinet, 32 years old, is a borrower who attributes her family’s solid reputation to the support of Juhudi Kilimo. She is a self-reliant woman who always focuses on success. ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaSilas is a 60-year-old maize farmer in Mwanganthia, Kenya. He historically struggles to access credit for high-quality inputs, which compromises the quality of his harvest....Read their story >
- SewingPakistanSurrounded by poor financial circumstances Muniba needed to start her own business to increase her purchasing power for meeting her household expenditures financially. She...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,239 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.