Join John's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorJosé is a hard-working man, he is married, his wife is dedicated to housework and taking care of the children.
José has a lot of experience in agriculture and cattle r...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMeet Judith, the 35-year-old mother of 3 school-going children. Judith wakes up early every morning to tend to her farm. She lives in the Kitale area of Kenya.
J...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesMelba is 47 years old and married with six children. With three children in school, she works very hard to provide for her family.
Melba runs a rice-retailing in...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaAuwal is married and lives in a modest mud house in a small village in Kaduna, Nigeria with his wife, children, and mother. Farming is the primary occupation within his gro...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanQudratali is a hardworking and patient man from Dj.Rasulov, Tajikistan. He is 53 years old. He is married and is a caring father. He tries to provide the best conditions fo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,052 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.