Join John's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingArmeniaGet acquainted with Sara! Sara is a 36-year-old farmer from Berkanush village. She is a very hardworking agronomist who started her farm five years ago with only six beehiv...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- General StoreKenyaGladys is a married woman. She has five children. She describes herself to be honest. She operates a retail business where she sells sugar, flour, tomatoes, sweets, soap an...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- General StorePhilippinesNonita is 68 years old and married with four children.
Nonita works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a P...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- FarmingArmeniaAlvina, 39 years old, lives with her family in Sevan, a city located in the Gegharkunik region. Alvina has a son, who is a student, and a daughter who is school-aged. Her h...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- CattleTajikistanMirzomiddin is very happy and hardworking man. He is 42 years old, married and a father of four children. Mirzomiddin is involved in animal husbandry and selling milk. Mirz...Read their story >Funding via MDO Arvand, LLC
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,743 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.