Join John's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Water DistributionPhilippinesEmma, age 54, is married and has eight children; four of them are still dependents. For many years, she and her husband have been engaged in a fishing business to earn a l...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- ManufacturingPakistanAbida Parveen is 35 years old. She is married and lives in the rural area of Gujranwala, Pakistan with her husband and six children. Her husband is solely responsible to fu...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- FarmingPhilippinesSamuel is age 58, married and blessed with five children. He has been into the cassava farming business for almost four years and earns a net income of PHP 100,000 annually...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran (ASKI)
- RetailKenyaRichard is a married man. He has four children. He describes himself to be God-fearing.
He operates a retail business where he sells batteries and also offers c...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- General StoreRwandaAbizerwa cb is a group represented by Agnes, who is 40 years old. The group name means “Trusted people” in English. She is married and has 5 children aged between 3-21 year...Read their story >Funding via Urwego Opportunity Bank
Kiva lenders, like John, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,510 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.