Join Urs's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesPeruThe member belongs to the “Virgen Carmen de Urquillos” communal bank, located in Huayllabamba district, Urubamba province, Cusco department.
The member, Margarit...Read their story >
- TransportationColombiaJose is 51 years old and lives in the municipality of Medellin. He’s a hardworking widower who comes from a very humble family, so he had to start working at a very young a...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Benard is working alongside One Acre Fund. He has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2019 and, although h...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCaren (a repeat Kiva borrower) is an ever-smiling mother who is very determined to succeed and always desires to give her child a better life. She lives in Kericho, a town ...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreFijiThe 63-year-old Sisi of Sila is a keen individual known for her strong will, determination, and uncompromising faith in her line of work. In this case, she has been a cante...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Urs, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,338 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.