Join Urs's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaBernard has been working alongside One Acre Fund since 2016 and is representing his group of 19 farmers in Alego District, Kenya.
Bernard is often described by h...Read their story >
- General StoreTimor-LesteFelismina is a modest and a hardworking woman with great understanding of business. She lives in a very simple house with her family.
Felismina has a general st...Read their story >
- BeveragesBurkina FasoKaodebwaoga Sylvie has two children who go to school. She is a dolotière (maker of local beer) and has run an informal eatery in an area on the outskirts of town for more t...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Janepher is working alongside One Acre Fund. She has been a member since 2016 and, although she is the only person featured in the abo...Read their story >
- Food StallSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone! This is 40-year-old Finda from Jui Town branch. She is a married business woman with two children between the ages 10 and 14 and they are curre...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Urs, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,051 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.