Join Urs's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Roda, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. She is 48 years old and has 5 children. As a group leader, she is representing her group of ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEcuadorKenny, age 26, was born in Venezuela, but for several years he and his wife and daughter have lived in the city of Ibarra, province of Imbabura
Kenny worked ful...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJane(widowed) is 54 years old and lives in the Kapsowar area of Kenya. She wakes up early every morning to attend to her farm, where she grows maize and keeps dairy cows. D...Read their story >
- RetailUgandaDeburah is 26 years old and lives in the town of Maganjo in the Kawempe region of Uganda. She is married and has one child. For the past 6 years, Deburah has been working h...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEcuador34-year old Pabla Claudia is married and has two children aged 16 and 13. Her husband is a farmer. They live in Manta, a place of beautiful beaches and a wide-ranging gastr...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Urs, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,381 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.