Join Jacqueline's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsEl SalvadorJuan attended school through 4th grade. He is in a relationship and has a son. His partner does the domestic tasks.
Juan has been making bricks since he was 16 y...Read their story >
- RetailCosta RicaLeandro Lorenzo wants to acquire a new loan. He is 25 years old, single and lives with his parents and siblings. They are his main priority. He wants to loan to buy raspber...Read their story >
- FarmingTanzaniaPictured above is Batista, who is often described as an extremely hardworking individual. He is 60 years old and has 8 children. As a group leader, he is representing his g...Read their story >
- Fuel/FirewoodCambodiaSokvoeun, 40 years old, is married and lives with her husband and two children. She is a burning-wood seller at Kratie province, Cambodia. With her current work, she could ...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesKenyaCheptoo is a happily married woman who is blessed with one child. She is a hardworking business lady who supports her family through her shoe selling business. She is seeki...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jacqueline, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,597 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.