Join Jacqueline's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsMadagascarMartine is married. She is 30 years old. She has two children with her partner. The family owns a house in a rural village. Martine is active. She wants to have a lot of po...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaTuavaoitai is a 47 year old mother with 3 children, she owns and operates a small business of selling brown cake in her community to earn a living. She has been doing this ...Read their story >
- TaxiKenyaStephen is 69 years old, widowed, and blessed with adult children. His business involves operating a motor vehicle taxi, which he has been doing for 22 years.
...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesIndonesiaGood day, lenders! Meet one of KBMI’s clients, Dini. She is 38 years old and married with one son and two daughters.
Dini is a trader and sells clothes to earn ...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesAntonia is a married woman with two children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
Antonia has a pig fattening business in the Philippines. Antonia requested...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jacqueline, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,828 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.