Join Caroline's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle TransportCongo (DRC)Madame Adidja is a client of the Hekima microfinance institution and president of the Angelu banque villageoise. Married and 32 years old, she is the mother of six children...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaSammy is 33 years old, married, and blessed with one child. He also supports two other people in his family. Sammy has been in the dairy farming business and selling tea le...Read their story >
- FarmingIndiaMadhabi is a 31-year-old married woman from a small village in Cooch Behar district, West Bengal. She lives in a household of four members including two children. Her famil...Read their story >
- FarmingTanzaniaThis season is not the first one that Anitha is working alongside One Acre Fund. She has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2018 and, although ...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorLuis studied Agricultural Engineering. He is single and lives with his parents.
Luis is engaged in agriculture and cattle raising. The plot where he grows basic ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Caroline, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,174 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.