Join Caroline's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEcuadorJulissa is 22 years old, married and she and her husband have a 6-year-old daughter who is in school. Her husband is a fisherman. They live in Jaramijo, a place where beaut...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesParaguayThis group is called Mujeres Unidas (United Women), since that is what they are: united women who fight for their families and are ready to work more to achieve their goals...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoMaría de Jesús is 66 years old, married, and has three children who are married. She has been employed at a cleaning company for the past two years.
María de ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEcuadorThais is a hardworking woman who is 51 years old and lives in the city of Esmeraldas with her three daughters and four grandchildren. She has a business that she manages w...Read their story >
- RetailEcuadorGlenda Karina is 46 years old, is in a common-law marriage, and has an adult son from that relationship. Her partner is a heavy-machinery driver, and they live in Manta. Ma...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Caroline, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,147 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.