Join Paul's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaAjelicah is a married woman. She has three children. She describes herself to be God-fearing. She operates a retail business where she sells cereals. She has been involved ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- FarmingKenyaDear Kiva community!
Andrew is a hardworking farmer from a remote village in the Kapsowar area of Kenya. Thanks to his daily efforts, he has managed to give his childr...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Charcoal SalesPhilippinesAs a married mother of four children, Narcisa works hard to support her family.
She has a charcoal retailing business in the Philippines, and earns additional i...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Grocery StoreKenyaAnn is a married woman. She has 3 children. She describes herself to be honest. She operates a retail business where she sells flour, soap, cooking oil, sugar and other ite...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- RetailColombiaAna, 53, is a businesswoman who resides in Chia, a municipality of Cundinamarca. She is engaged and mother of four children which are of age. Her entrepreneurial spirit all...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,098 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.