Join Bruno's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesColombiaMarina is a 60-year-old micro entrepreneur. She lives in the city of Barranquilla. She has a business selling ice-creams and other items, which she has been doing for appro...Read their story >
- AgricultureBoliviaRodo is 55 years old. He is divorced and is a father of four grown-up children.
He lives alone and is a farmer. He works on his own and has 35 years of experienc...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEverlyne, pictured above inside her house, is 23 years old and has one child. She lives with her family in Kitale, a town surrounded by prime agricultural lands which favor...Read their story >
- VehicleTimor-LesteRicardo is a local villager in the Maliana province. He is 36 years old and has three children, one of whom is in school.
Ricardo grows rice as the main source ...Read their story >
- BeveragesBrazilMaria (first one in the photo from left to right) is a member of "Hipólito" group. Maria is the head of her household, and she has five children.
After se...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bruno, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 860 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.