Join Brigid's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketRwandaAthanasie is a 45-year-old woman. She is married with five children who are between 9 and 20 years old. Athanasie was elected to become president of the group KUNDUMURIMO G...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- PropertyUgandaHillary, who works as a field tourist guide as well as a brick maker, is thirty-four years old and married with three children to look after. He got into brick making becau...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorSantos went to school until the 7th grade. He is married and his wife works as a maid. He has three children, 2 of which are in school and 1 already graduated from high sch...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- BakeryLebanonOmar is only 23. He is single with many projects in his mind to set for implementation. Omar had been working as a butcher for 13 years when he decided in January 2015 t...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- FarmingEl SalvadorMaría is a hard-working woman with desire to get ahead. She lives with her partner, her three children, and her two grandchildren. Her partner works in agriculture.
<...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Brigid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,361 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.