Join Brigid's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleUgandaGodfrey is a 37-year-old married man with seven children. He lives in Kanazi, Kakuuto Rakia District, with his family. He deals in a cattle-fattening business because he ha...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
- AgricultureSamoaFoisaga is a 40-year-old mother with one child. She runs a small business of selling taro and banana in her village to earn a living. Foisaga requested a loan to buy taro r...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- Animal SalesPakistanDay by day, increasing expenditures compelled Rasoolan to initiate her own business of selling animals. She is a 54-year-old, married woman and has been doing business with...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- FarmingEl SalvadorUlbio studied until the 3rd grade and has a life partner who does the housework. Only two of his children live with him and one of them goes to school.
Ulbio ha...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoFrancisco, age 66, has lived with his wife in Tamaulipas, N.L. for many years. His wife devotes herself to the household chores. He lives in a neighborhood to the west of...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
Kiva lenders, like Brigid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,763 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.