Join Brigid's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home Products SalesPakistanShabana is 33 year-old woman, residing in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is a mother of two children. Her husband has been running a crockery store for the past seven years, and...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StorePhilippinesMargie is 34 years old and married with one child. With one child currently in school, Margie works very hard to provide for them. Margie runs a general store in the Phil...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Clothing SalesBoliviaThe “Asunción” credit group will begin its sixth cycle in Pro Mujer, as a part of the Alto Lima focal center. It is made up of eight members and is led by a board of direct...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Pro Mujer
- DairyKenyaAbel is a happily married man and a father of four children. His wife is a shopkeeper, and he is a dairy cow farmer. They live in Nyahururu, where they support one another ...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- CerealsKenyaDamaris is 29 years old and has never set foot in any higher learning institution, but she is an accomplished farmer from the Bungoma area of Kenya. Therefore, she command...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Brigid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,686 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.