Join Brigid's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsPalestineNour, who appears in the photo, is 20 years old and is from Bethlehem city in the West Bank. He is studying cosmetology at a local college. He works at a lawyer's office du...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesElsie is 56 years old and lives in Rizal, Jimenez, Misamis Occidental. She is married with 2 children now in their college and school years. Elsie has been engaged in a cho...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- PigsColombiaRoberto is a hard working person. He is an enthusiastic man who hopes to become the biggest, most renowned, most successful pig breeder in the town of La Union.
Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingKenyaGet to know Elizabeth! She is a 27-year-old farmer from Sikendu village in Kenya. She is a skilled farmer, with seven years of experience.
Elizabeth is married ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Personal Housing ExpensesUkraineNeonila is a widow. She has two daughters. Neonila has a good business; she sells women's clothes. Neonila lives with one of her daughters in a small apartment.
Read their story >Funding via Hope Ukraine
Kiva lenders, like Brigid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,731 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.