Join Harley's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonColombiaAdriana is a professional stylist who has five years of experience offering styling services to hundreds of Soledad residents who care about their personal image. She saw a...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreIndiaKailashben, 37, is from the district of Surendranagar in Gujarat. She lives with her household of three people.
The household's monthly income is INR 25,000. Hen...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonJames is a 45 year old man, married and a father. He has been a farmer for years and is requesting a loan to buy phytosanitary (plant control) products for better maintena...Read their story >
- PigsVietnamLam, born in 1982 is an ethnic Kinh man. He is living with his wife, his son and his daughter in Mai Son district, Son La province.
His family's main income is ...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorSantos could not study because there were no schools where he lived. He is married and his wife looks after the household chores and tends a small shop. He has a son who al...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Harley, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,677 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.