Join Mellow Monk's Green Teas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Used ClothingUgandaPosiano is a businessman who deals in selling first hand clothes as his daily source of income. He has been in this business for a long period of time and it has helped hi...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanOimhol is 55 years old and from the Dangara region; she was born and raised there. She lives with her husband and three children. She is wife who manages to do everything a...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Paxedece, whois representing her group formed by 8 farmers in Teso District, Kenya as a group leader. She is a mother to 5 children and is known by her co...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Enock, who, as a group leader, is representing his group, formed by 14 farmers, in Matete District, Kenya. He is a father to 8 children and is known by hi...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMoldovaVictoria is a 60-year-old woman from Macaresti village, Ungheni region, Moldova. She is a widow and has six children: five sons and a daughter. The children are already mar...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Mellow Monk's Green Teas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,731 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.