Join Thomas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesCambodiaDa is 56 years old, married, and is the father of four children. He and his wife have a business buying and selling vegetables. He has been running this business for one ye...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesMaria Cecel is 33 years old, married, and has four children, two of whom are currently in school.
Maria Cecel is in the agricultural business raising pigs in the...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaPeter is a hardworking happily married Kenyan man who has been blessed with three children and a loving wife. To support his family, he runs a general store to meet his fam...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaSusan is a 32-year-old mother of one child living in Eldoret, Kenya. Eldoret was significantly struck by the 2007–2008 Kenyan crisis when violence occurred in Kenya. Susa...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesElnora is a married woman and has five children, two of whom are still attending school. To support her family she runs a sari-sari, or small general store where she sells ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Thomas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 11,851 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.