Join Thomas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaThis is Betty (32 years old pictured in her tea farm), single mother of 2 who is wishing all lenders a happy new year. She is a forward-looking mother with immense farming ...Read their story >
- FarmingColombiaWalter is 36 years old and lives in the municipality of Sabanalarga with his family; he grows coffee for a living. Walter explains that in recent years he has faced some d...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPeruThe partners belong to the community bank “Unidad Fernadez”.
Carmen Rosa sells food. She makes different dishes such as baked chicken, soups, and sauteed meat. ...Read their story >
- CattleUgandaMoses is married with eight children. He does cattle fattening and trading to raise income so that he can provide for his big family. His supplementary income comes from mi...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesManuela is a married woman with six children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Manuela is 59 years old and has one child who is in school.
She has a fishi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Thomas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,808 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.