Join Thomas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Ashimosi, who, as a group leader, is representing his group formed by 12 farmers in Kakamega B (North) District, Kenya. He is a father to 5 children and i...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesGeorgeanne is 51 years old, married, and has three children.
Georgeanne is in the agricultural business in the Philippines. Georgeanne requested a PHP 50,000 loa...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesMargie is 43 years old and married with six children.
She runs a buy-and-sell rice grains business in the Philippines and requested a PHP 15,000 loan through NWT...Read their story >
- BeveragesLiberiaMeet 25-year-old Latifah, from Liberia. She is married and both of her children are schooling and live at home. Latifah is a high school graduate.
She deals in ...Read their story >
- CraftsJordanFeryal is a 54-year-old Jordanian married woman and a mother of one kid. Her husband is a retired worker. The family is going through a hard living situation because of the...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Thomas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,238 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.