Join Des's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaGreetings from Nkubu, Kenya! Mary (pictured in her house) is a determined smallholder woman farmer. She works hard towards financial independence and making her parents pro...Read their story >
- General StoreUgandaRonald, from Makindye-Kampala, is 26 years old and married to Rose, with whom he has 2 children, who are 1 and 3 years old respectively. He is not yet paying school fees fo...Read their story >
- ConstructionHondurasJosé lives in Santa Cruz de Yojoa with his wife and their two children.
He has been an employee for the past thirteen years. With his savings, he started a diner at hi...Read their story >
- Food MarketTajikistanThis energetic man by the name of Alijon is 53 years old. He is married and one 20-year-old son. The friendly family lives in the town of Khujand. Unfortunately, he did no...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaChanry is aged 25 years and married with four children and she lives in a rural village of Kratie province’s Prek Prorsorb district. She and her husband earn a living thro...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Des, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,626 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.