Join Horacio's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaSimon, an industrious farmer, aspires to provide better healthcare for his family from farm profits. He gets access to improved farming services as a member of Babban Gona,...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJulias is a 63-year-old maize farmer in Murinduko, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has seven goats and one cow on his land.
Julias his...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesGemma is a married woman, who is 52 years old with four children.
Gemma has a farming business in the Philippines. Gemma requested a 15,000 PHP loan amount thro...Read their story >
- Food MarketCongo (DRC)Madame Jolie is a client of Hekima IMF, and she is the president of the banc villageois "Uaminifu Kwetu." She is married, 29 years old, and is the mother of 4 children, 3 ...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesEcuadorEliana is a 24-year old young woman. She's a single mother and lives with her mother in a small rented house in the south of the city. She doesn't have steady employment, s...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Horacio, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,667 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.