Join Horacio's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesNicaraguaMaria is a young, hard-working woman, dedicated to her business of selling clothes. She is married and together with her husband strives to provide an excellent education t...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesGina is 55 years old and married with eight children, three of whom are in school. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Phili...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEdward is 61 years old and, as the group leader of his group, he is representing 15 farmers in Teso District. He is looking forward to be working with One Acre Fund for the...Read their story >
- General StoreTimor-LesteMaria is a modest and a hard working 33 -year-old woman with a great understanding of business. She lives in a very simple house with her family.
Maria has a ge...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanZumrat is a married woman of the age of 57 years. She is the mother of 7 children. The eldest son is married and lives with his wife and children. Zumrat's husband and two...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Horacio, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,716 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.