Join Jose's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsPhilippinesGenerose is a 32-year-old married woman with three school-going children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
She has a rice buy-and-sell business in the ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJoseph, 49, is happily married and has been blessed with 3 children. He enjoys farming which he does for a living. On his farm, he plants, harvests, and sells cereals and v...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanAminjon is from the Hamadoni district. He is 44 years old and married and has children. His wife is a homemaker; she raises the children and runs the household. Aminjon wor...Read their story >
- AgricultureHondurasGenaro is 58 years old and lives with his life partner and son in the municipality of Tela, Atlantida. He has been growing African palms for 13 years and sells the fruit of...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaFaaiu is a 35-year-old mother with 3 children. She owns and operates a small business selling meat pies in her community to earn a living. She has been doing this for more ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jose, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 11,049 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.