Join Micro Business Monday's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaWycliffe is 75 years old and is often referred to as a really experienced farmer. As a group leader, he is representing his group in Teso District, formed by 13 farmers, in...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesUgandaJoseph is a businessman from Nyakateke, Kagadi district. He is aged 36 and married with three children. He is a farmer and also deals mainly in the trade of dry corn.
Read their story >
- SewingColombiaMarleny is a 43 year old woman who, confronted with a lack of resources and a desire to have work and be productive for her family, approached Kiva to ask for economic supp...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesSierra LeoneGreetings from Moriba town, near Bo in the Southern Province, in Sierra Leone. This is 42-year-old Saffie, a married mother who has been blessed with two children.
Read their story >
- Food MarketRwandaKorubeho Acb is a group presented by Francine who is 36 years old. She is married with two children aged between 2 and 13 years old. The group name means “work and earn a l...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Micro Business Monday, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,523 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.