Join Micro Business Monday's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Auto RepairTajikistanMussojon is a hardworking and cheerful man. He was born 1977 in Isfara City and lives with his wife and three children. Mussojon works at his house by repairing cars, motor...Read their story >
- Fuel/FirewoodVietnamMrs Thu is 35 years old, and she is married and has three children. She has had a service business, shipping goods and business petroleum, for 7 years. Thu lives in Yen Din...Read their story >
- WeavingGuatemalaOne of the members of the Duo Pacorral Group is Flavia who is from the village of Pacorral in the municipality of Tecpán. She is 42 years old and has a minor daughter in h...Read their story >
- Food StallPhilippinesElnita is a 46 year-old married woman with eight children, six of which are in school. She is a very hard-working entrepreneur.
Elnita has a food vending busine...Read their story >
- FishingCambodiaYem lives in the Stoeng Sen district of Kampong Thom province, Cambodia. She is married with two children. This year Yem turns 52 years old. Yem is a rice farmer while her ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Micro Business Monday, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,921 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.