Join Janie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ServicesIndonesiaAhmad is a Ruma agent who lives in West Bogor, a suburban area located about 1.5 hours’ drive from Jakarta, the capital city.
Ahmad is a young may who desires ...Read their story >Funding via PT Rekan Usaha Mikro Anda (Ruma)
- General StoreEl SalvadorRosario, 61 years old, is a business woman. She studied until the first grade. She is single, but has two children who are independent and for that reason she lives alone.<...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Cosmetics SalesBoliviaMargarita, 38, pictured on the left in the photo with her youngest son, lives with her husband and two children, 15- and 8-years old, respectively. She is a friendly, ente...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- AgricultureKenyaJoan is 54 years old and has 10 children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 15 farmers in Teso District, Kenya. Joan has been farming with O...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- DairyKenyaChuka, Kenya is a town that is famously known for producing the “creme de la creme” when it comes to athletes. It also has a lot of small farmers who work the land and rais...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Janie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,929 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.