Join Janie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesBelly is 49 years old and married with six children. With one child still in school, Belly works very hard to provide for them.
Belly runs a general store in th...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- ClothingBoliviaCasilda and her husband Roberto live in Colomi, Santa Barbara. They are in a common-law marriage and have three dependent children who are all in school. She currently work...Read their story >Funding via CIDRE
- Animal SalesPakistanIt was hard for Ghulam Fiza to manage her household expenses with the small income of her husband.
She is 36 years old and a married woman. She is a mother of t...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- TailoringPakistanPerveen is a tailor by profession of age 46. She lives with her husband and 4 family members in the suburb town of Gujranwala, Pakistan. She has gained good fame in cloth s...Read their story >Funding via Jinnah Welfare Society (JWS)
- BakeryEl SalvadorIsaías is 24 years old and could only study until the second grade. He is married, and his wife is a homemaker. He has two children who are dependent on him. Isaías has ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Janie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,884 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.