Join Janie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleTajikistanBashorat is a joyful and hard-working woman. She is 48 years old. Bashorat is married and is the mother of 4 children. Her husband works as a taxi driver, bringing in an in...Read their story >
- PigsPeruDora lives in Tinajas, Tabaconas District, San Ignacio Province, Perú. Dora, 34 years old, has four children ages 12, 11, 5 and 2.
She, together with her husban...Read their story >
- Clothing / AccessoriesEcuadorMaría lives in 24 de Mayo, a canton where the natural landscapes are the major tourist attraction. Its economy is based in agriculture and animal husbandry.
Mar...Read their story >
- PubKenyaEdwin is a Kiva borrower. He describes himself to be honest. He operates a pub where he sells drinks. He has been involved in this business for 8 years. His business is loc...Read their story >
- Soft DrinksTanzaniaJosephine, who is in her early 60’s, is a widow with two adult daughters. She is a cashier and a supervisor of her very own grocery store, which sells soft drinks, liquors ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Janie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,478 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.