Join Janie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodKenyaEmily is a happily married lady and the mother of three children. She is 28 years of age and her children are 10, 9 and 7. She and her husband are tea farmers, and they bot...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Beauty SalonKenyaEunice is a happily married lady aged 38 years old. She is a mother of four children, aged between 3 and 18 years. Her husband is a businessman, and she is a salon operator...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaFrank is a happily married man and a father of two children. He is 25 years old, and they are business people together with his wife. They live in Kisumu, and they support ...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Food Production/SalesSamoaMoaga is 26 years old and married with no child. She runs a small business selling pancakes,donuts,pork buns etc in her community and has been doing this for 2 years. Moaga...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- Home EnergyHondurasFor many years, Bertha and her husband have grown coffee for a living. The income they have earned from this business has enabled them to set up a small grocery shop in the...Read their story >Funding via TECNOSOL
Kiva lenders, like Janie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,926 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.