Join Janie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailKenyaJefwa is a married man. He operates a retail business where he sells flour, soap, sugar, bread, rice and other items. He has been involved in this business for 5 years. His...Read their story >
- General StoreUgandaYosam is the father of six children and they reside in Kasese, Uganda. For the last 10 years, he has been involved in a general store business that sells mattresses, constr...Read their story >
- Fish SellingEl SalvadorMaría studied only in the first grade at school, her parents' economic conditions were not very good since they had many children and they just put them to work. Her partne...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaRehema is a married woman. She has six children. She describes herself as humble.
She operates a retail business where she sells sugar, bread, flour, soap, rice...Read their story >
- CattleSamoaSeleni is 37 years old and married with four children. She has a cattle farm from which she can sell in her community. She has been doing this for three years.
...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Janie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,722 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.