Join Janie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsJordanThe student, Sohaib, is nineteen years old and lives in Ajloun. He has been accepted as a Mathematics major. Sohaib is facing an unavailability of tuition fees from his par...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- RickshawPakistanKausar is a 46-year-old woman living with her four family members in the far-flung area of Sialkot, Pakistan. Her son is a rickshaw driver by profession and has been provid...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- AgricultureColombiaIrrigation, compost, and agricultural inputs are the products that Duvan, 19, would like to buy with his loan. He wants to start growing food crops in the town of Marinilla...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- RetailSenegalThe "village bank" that includes this group was formed in December 2011. The group is made up of dynamic women who are active in the world of commerce and who are motivated...Read their story >Funding via CAURIE Microfinance
- FarmingPhilippinesLuzminda is 49 years old and married with three children. She is in the agricultural business, farming vegetables in the Philippines.
Luzminda requested a 20,00...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Janie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,126 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.