Join Anita M's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesMarcela is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with seven children. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 25,000 loan through NWTF to buy items to se...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaJackline is a 66-year-old mother of five whose determination to uplift her family makes her an outstanding woman. She has always aspired to become a successful woman, and t...Read their story >
- Fish SellingTimor-LesteMateus is a fishmonger living in Dili, the capital city of East-Timor. Most of his daily income comes from selling fish, which he buys from fishermen. He has been doing thi...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorYudy, 36, is in a relationship. Her partner is a mason and she has two children who depend on her.
She makes her living making and selling tortillas and she lea...Read their story >
- TransportationPhilippinesFelix is a hardworking man who resides in San Mariano. He is a driver. He was inspired by his family in the transport business to sustain their daily needs, so he is reques...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Anita M, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,334 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.