Join Anita M's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesGloria is 65 years old and widowed with six children. She works very hard to provide for her family.
Gloria runs a general store in the Philippines and requested...Read their story >
- Construction SuppliesCambodiaSreymom is a 35-year-old experienced farmer from the Angkor Borey district of Takeo province. She cultivates rice and raises poultry to cover her family's needs. Sreymom an...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEdnah (49) is a mother of three school-going children whom she loves unconditionally. She is a hard-working woman who has more than 20 years of farming experience.
Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesLorna is 65 years old, widowed and has five children.
Lorna is in the pig-fattening business in the Philippines. Lorna requested a PHP 9000 loan through NWTF to ...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesNicaraguaMeet the group "Petronic Santa Ana" in Chinandega, Nicaragua. They are entrepreneurs who are organized, respectful, and supportive.
Zoila de Carmen (in the cent...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Anita M, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,120 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.