Join Misty's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsColombiaYulis, 35 years old, lives in the municipality of Ciénaga de Oro. She is a happy woman who has 1 child and has been an excellent mother.
She runs a pig farming ...Read their story >
- Water DistributionBangladeshIn Bangladesh, 20 million people are at risk of drinking water with arsenic, E. coli and other pathogens. This population relies on unsafe and unreliable sources, commonly ...Read their story >
- PoultryKenyaEmily is 37 years old, married, and blessed with four school-going children. She joined Hand in Hand Eastern Africa to benefit from enterprise development and financial man...Read their story >
- FarmingTimor-LesteFernando is a humble and hardworking 50-year-old man who is a farmer in his village. Most of the time, he is doing his daily activities by planting and looking after his dr...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesMarivic is a married woman and 44 years old with three children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. She has a vegetable vending business in the Philippines and request...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Misty, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,695 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.