Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyKenyaAgnes’s life changed completely when she decided to take up farming a few years ago. She is a hardworking mother living in Nyamira, Kenya with her husband and children. Tho...Read their story >
- FarmingNicaraguaNectalí is an optimistic, hard-working young man, a person of great determination to reach each one of his goals. For the past five years he's worked steadily planting yucc...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaRebecca is a 58-year old mother of eight children living in Eldoret, a town surrounded by prime agricultural lands which favor large-scale grain farming, dairy and horticul...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDaizy is a poor smallholder farmer who does not have access to credit facilities. She is a repeat borrower who is 25 years old and has three children. When she was a girl, ...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesGhanaMayfair is one of four group members from the God is Great Group. Mayfair is a hardworking, married woman living in the locality of Chorkor. She earns a living as a beaut...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,827 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.