Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesMaricen is 49 years old and married with four children.
Maricen runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 30,000 loan through NWTF to buy items...Read their story >
- Butcher ShopTimor-LesteFrancisco is a meat butcher living in Bobonaro Municipality. Most of his daily income comes from selling fresh meat, which he buys from farmers. He has been doing this busi...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Francis is working alongside One Acre Fund. He has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2014 and, although ...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesCorazon is a married woman with children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
She has a rice retailing business in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 13,00...Read their story >
- Food StallFijiInise knows how hard her husband has to work. To help support their five children, she plans to start selling assorted sweets and snacks. Her community is mostly populated ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,775 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.