Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesPhilippinesBetty, aged 76, is married with three children. She works hard to provide for her family. For the past 20 years, Betty has been running a buy-and-sell ready-to-wear busines...Read their story >
- CraftsTajikistanFakhriddin is an ambitious, positive and sociable man, who lives in Dj.Rasulov, Tajikistan. He is 32 years old. He is a beloved husband and a caring father of 5 children. A...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesEmmarie is a married woman with one child. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
Emmarie has a buy and sell frozen product business in the Philipp...Read their story >
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesBurkina FasoKarim has a seven-month-old child. He sells fabric, lace, and sewing accessories from a store he opened more than two years ago. He is in his fifth loan cycle with the micr...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaSalome is a 20 year old mother with 1 child.
She owns and operates a small business of selling pancakes, pork cakes and buns in her community to earn a living....Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,137 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.