Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsUgandaHamaani is a single man living in Kagadi district with no children. He is operating an agro produce store that sells beans and groundnuts as his main economic activity alo...Read their story >
- PharmacyColombiaThanks for the support provided to Jhonny through his prior loan. With it he was able to buy a larger number of supplies, and his sales and profit increased considerably....Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaDenis has supported his family for eight years in a row. This man earned money from his services as a teacher in a school in his town, but he became unemployed. He starte...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesPriscelda is 45 years old, married and has four children.
Priscelda runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 30,000 loan through NWTF to buy i...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaMustapha lives in a rural town in Kaduna, Nigeria. He lives in a small community where maize farming is the major occupation and means of livelihood. Due to the very low ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,718 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.