Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FishingPhilippinesGleyna works hard to support her family. She is married and has a fishing business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 30,000 loan through NWTF to purchase f...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJoanne (a 30-year-old mom of four) lives in the Eldoret area of Kenya. She has beautiful children for whom she ensures a decent life. She is a crop farmer who also rears da...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesJennifer is 42 years old and married with children. She earns a living by farming rice in the Philippines. She is borrowing PHP 25,000 through NWTF to pay for rice grains a...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesTurkeySerpil is a 48-year-old woman with 3 children. Due to her husband’s sudden death, she started working in order to take care of her family. With the microcredit support she ...Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaKelvin is a 23-year-old maize farmer in Ngariama, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 17 chickens and two cows on his land.
Kelvin has ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,604 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.