Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaSyprose, pictured above, has been a farmer for 10 years, and is now proud to represent 12 farmers in Alego District. She is 34 years old, married, and has 4 children.
...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaNancy is a 44-year-old mother living in Bomet, a town that was significantly struck by the 2007–2008 Kenyan crisis. She is a mixed dairy and crop farmer with many years of ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Mrgaret, who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by 11 farmers in Matete District, Kenya. She is a mother to 7 children and is known by h...Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaEsther is a 86-year-old maize farmer in Kiptororo, Kenya. In addition to farming her core crop, she currently has three goats and nine cows on her land.
Esther ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPaul is a 65-year-old maize farmer from Tinet, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 15 chickens and three cows on his land. Paul historically str...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,582 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.