Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanBahtovar is a 31-year-old man from Panjakent, Tajikistan. He is a beloved husband and father of two wonderful children. He is a hard-working, honest, and kind man.
Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesPhilippinesJoanne is 34 years old and married with four children, three of whom are in school. Joanne works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a buy-and-sell charcoal...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaEdinah is a 51-year-old mother of one child in school living with her family in Bomet, a town whose surroundings have vast agricultural potential with numerous small farms ...Read their story >
- FlowersPhilippinesJuliet is a married woman with four children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Juliet has a buy-and-sell ornamental plants business in the Philippines. Sh...Read their story >
- PigsEcuadorThis is Mayerly, a charismatic 19-year-old woman. She lives with her parents in a home that was lent to them in the Santa Clara neighborhood. Right now, the job seeking sit...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,666 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.