Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureArmeniaArmine is 32 years old and she lives with her husband and two sons in Kapan, a city of the Syunik region.
Armine’s husband is an electrician and he works on the city'...Read their story >
- LivestockArmeniaMeet Naira, 47! Naira is a hardworking farmer from Qaradzor village. She started her farm 20 years ago with the help of her husband Davit, 50. Together they have two sons, ...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanThis energetic woman has the beautiful name of Sadokatkhon. She is forty years old, divorced and has three children.
Sadokatkhon deals with farming and animal hu...Read their story >
- Personal ExpensesCambodiaKinsman is married and lives with his wife and one child at Ponhea Leu District, Kandal Province of Cambodia. His wife is garment factory worker and he has been a three-whe...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaTeav, 23, is married and lives with his beloved wife in the village in Ratanak Kiri province of Cambodia. He has been growing cashew plants for many years to earn a living....Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,410 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.