Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesRodela works hard to support five children. She is married and has a general store business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 10,000 loan through NWTF to i...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesBebianita works hard to support six children. She is married and has a general store in the Philippines.
Bebianita requested a PHP 10,400 loan through NWTF to pa...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaVincent's Group is formed by nine farmers in Teso District and is being represented by Vincent, who is the group leader pictured above. He is 43 years old and has seven chi...Read their story >
- FarmingMoldovaVitalie thanks Kiva's lenders for his previous loan, which helped him to buy a cultivator. Due to this, he was able to develop his business.
Vitalie, being a ver...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesBoliviaMy name is Dayana Nicool. I am 18 years old and at my young age I am the mother of a seven month old girl. At first it was difficult to find support from my family. But tha...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,832 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.