Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingBoliviaWilder is a 27-year-old farmer. He mainly grows potatoes, but also grows wheat and beans.
He lives in Kuma Quewina, a small community where the farmers produce f...Read their story >
- ServicesColombiaTatiana Margarita is an entrepreneur in the city of Barranquilla.
Three years ago she set up her own business providing metallurgical plant services. She create...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaAbdussamadu, who is 52 years of age and married with more than 4 children, lives in a rural town in Kaduna, Nigeria. He lives in a small community where maize farming is th...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesRwandaGreetings from Rwanda! This is TWISUNGANE CB, a group of entrepreneurs who own businesses, varying from food production to retail. The group’s name translates “Lets come to...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesEdlyn is 41 years old and married with three children. With two of them in school, Edlyn works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Phi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,170 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.