Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreParaguayJovita is from the city of San Ignacio. She is a hardworking person who works in sales. She has a store where she has worked for more than 30 years. She comments that today...Read their story >
- CateringPeruThe communal bank Los Independientes is a new group with a great desire of getting ahead. They consider themselves to be enterprising and responsible people. The group is f...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesAlien works hard to support her family. Alien is married and has a vegetable vending business in the Philippines.
Alien requested a PHP 8,000 loan through NWTF t...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesMerlita is 56 years old and a widow with five children. One child is still in school.
Merlita is a very hardworking entrepreneur. She has a buy and sell fish bus...Read their story >
- SewingParaguayThe enthusiasm to work together and being able to provide better living conditions for their families are what motivated each of the members to join this group. These wome...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,404 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.