Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Milk SalesPakistanAsiya is twenty-eight and lives with her spouse and three children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Pictured with her is her husband. He is a milkman by trade; he sells mil...Read their story >
- Education providerArmeniaThis elegant woman’s name is Hasmik and she is 54 years old. With her husband, son, and father-in-law she lives in Sevan city of Gegharkunik region.
Hasmik has ...Read their story >
- Internet CafeLebanonMoussa is a 21-year-old youth who is pursuing his education at a university and has managed to open his own internet cafe almost a year and a half in order to help his pare...Read their story >
- Liquor Store / Off-LicenseParaguaySeñor Ubaldo is from the city of San Pedro. He has a store in which he works selling various beverages of all types. He comments that he has a well-established clientele th...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaResiding in a rural village of the Sampov Means district of Pursat province, Vuth is aged 51 years and married. She has four children, one of whom is still in school. To su...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,680 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.