Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesRosme is a married woman with four children. She is a very hard-working entrepreneur of 39 years.
She has a food-vending business in the Philippines. Rosme reque...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesParaguayLuis Alberto is from the city of Caaguazú. He works in commerce, specifically as a street vendor of all types of products. He comments that it is thanks to this work that h...Read their story >
- FlowersPhilippinesGregoria is 60 years old and has five children. She is married and one of her children is currently in school.
Gregoria is in the agricultural business, ornament...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesAmy is a married woman, 39 years old with eight children.
She has a fish vending business in the Philippines and requested a PHP 10,000 loan amount through NWTF...Read their story >
- CarpentryPalestineMuhammad is a 25-year-old refugee who lives with his family in Bethlehem, West Bank. He is an enthusiastic and active young man, full of hope and energy. He is also a hard ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,607 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.