Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingPhilippinesJiona is 47 years old and has three children. Jiona is married and all of her three children are in school.
She is in the agricultural business in the Philippine...Read their story >
- RetailEcuadorCecilio Heriberto and his family live in the city of Montecristi, which is known for its famous straw hats. The city was very affected by COVID-19.
He is a hard...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesDionacar is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a pig fattening business in the Philippines.
She is borrowing PHP 20,000 through NWTF to buy feeds and other supp...Read their story >
- Food StallPhilippinesAs a married parent of four children, Marissa works hard to support her family.
She has a food-vending business in the Philippines, and also earns additional inc...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesUgandaMaitaji is a refugee from the Democratic republic of Congo and lives in a refugee settlement in Nakivale where he runs a cosmetics business. Maitaji sells beauty products t...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,957 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.