Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockKyrgyzstanAnarkhan has successfully repaid her loan, and she is grateful to Kiva and to everyone who helped her financially. Thanks to her hard work, today she owns ten cows, fifteen...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaFredrick is a 42-year-old maize farmer in Kangeta, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 35 chickens and a cow on his land.
He historica...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDavid, 56, is happily married and has been blessed with children. His business is farming and he enjoys it very much. What he loves most about it is when his produce does w...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaHardworking describes Mary's character (a 52-year-old mom of two school-going children). She is a caring mom and a rural smallholder who was not fortunate enough to be admi...Read their story >
- FishingEl SalvadorWalter is in a relationship and has three children of which two depend on him.
Wálter has worked in artisanal fishing for 7 years and learned this job thanks to his ow...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,224 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.