Join ChocoMonkey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaGet to know Shida. Though Shida suffered from a poor upbringing, she always appreciates her life and having lovely children. She works hard each day and puts all her effort...Read their story >
- WeavingTongaGreetings from Selai. She is 33 years old and married, with three children. They live at their own home in the island of Vava'u. She currently runs a weaving business where...Read their story >
- EntertainmentPhilippinesAlma is 53 years old, a single mother and blessed with three children. The family lives in Carranglan, Nueva Ecija, where her children go to school.
For almost ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPhilippinesRochelleynne is a married woman with a child. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. She is 36 years old, and her child is in school.
She has a ready-to-wear re...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaLucy, 50, is blessed with two children and is happily married to a driver. She runs a business selling various items to provide for her family's needs. Lucy sells items suc...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ChocoMonkey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 14,083 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.