Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodPhilippinesAs a married parent of four children, Vilma works hard to support her family. She has a fish and vegetable vending business in the Philippines, and also earns additional i...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- TailoringPakistanFaizan is an amazing wife of 55 years old who lives in small village near Multan city. She is a very productive and hardworking woman who wants to help her husband support ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StorePhilippinesBelen is 46 years old and married with ten children. With four children still in school, Belen works very hard to provide for them. Belen runs a general store in the Phi...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Beauty SalonEcuadorMariana is 32 years old and finds herself happily married with two children, Joel, who is 11 years old and Marcela, who is 4 years old. They go to school. She lives in a re...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- JewelryIndia51-year-old Jayotsanaben hails from rural Morbi. A mother of two, she and her husband earn Rs. 20,000. Their household consists of six members. Jayotsanaben runs her own wo...Read their story >Funding via Milaap
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,794 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.