Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesPakistanIrshad is a 62-year-old married woman, living with her spouse and five children in the area of Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
She belongs to the poor family, her family ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingNigeriaGarba, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Arewa village, Nigeria. He is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Beauty SalonColombiaMaria is a 40-year-old entrepreneur, who is taking advantage of her many years of experience as an employee of several hair and beauty salons. She decided on a venture. Nin...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Beauty SalonLebanonLeila is a 33 year old single woman who lives with her mother in an undeveloped area. She is the main income provider in the family and she works so hard to be able to fulf...Read their story >Funding via Vitas. s.a.l.
- Office SuppliesKenyaSilibia is a widow aged 62 years. She is a mother of two children and they live in Muhoroni. Silibia takes care of her grandchildren by paying school fees for them.
Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,600 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.