Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaA mother of seven children, Kimyean is 35 years old. They are living in Battambang province. Nowadays, she needs to support four children, three of whom are in school and t...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaMost smallholder farmers in Nkubu, Kenya, struggle because of a lack of capital. This concern is true for Caroline, who is based in the Nkubu area of Kenya and is the mothe...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonZe is 70 years old and a father of six children, aged between five and 21 years old. He has been a farmer for years and manages a 30-year-old cacao farm. Thanks to this, he...Read their story >
- TransportationPakistanRiffat is a 38-year-old, married woman. The man shown in the photo is her husband, who is a van driver by profession and provide transportation services. He drives in the m...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanSharofat lives in Shahrituz. She is a kind wife and a mother of two adult children. Sharofat has been engaged in livestock breeding for three years. She learned the trade f...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,748 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.