Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreVietnamMrs Lý is 38 years old and she is married with 4 children.
She has had a retail business selling dry food and general things for 8 years. Lý lives in Hau Loc di...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution Limited Liability
- TailoringColombiaThanks for supporting Marlene´s first credikiva. She is a seamstress with a long history and experience from the municipality of Cartagena, who managed to invest in raw mat...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- TailoringPakistanParveen is a women entrepreneur and struggling to bring prosperity to her family. She is 53 years old and lives in a small house with 6 family members. She is a skilled wom...Read their story >Funding via Jinnah Welfare Society (JWS)
- PigsPhilippinesRozel is 32 years old and has four children. Rozel is married and three of her children are still in school.
Rozel is in the agricultural business raising pigs ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- BookstoreGuatemalaJessica is married and mother to 2 young children. She works in the bookstore business. She is asking for a new loan to supply and stock up her business. She appreciate...Read their story >Funding via FAPE
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,759 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.