Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesBoliviaGrover is a mason. He works a lot. He is the father of two kids. Grover is a divorced man and the kids live with him. At least he is the owner of the house where he lives. ...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- Fish SellingPhilippinesRosalina works hard to support her family. Rosalina is married and has a fish vending business in the Philippines. Rosalina requested a PHP 12000 loan through NWTF to buy ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Internet CafePhilippinesAllan Dexter is a hardworking father to his two children. He is 37 years old and married. According to him, before he managed his internet cafe, he first worked as a carpen...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran, Inc. (ASKI)
- LivestockMaliThe man holding the ram in the middle of the picture is named [Bourema]. He is 45 years old and lives with his wife and his four children between the ages of 8 and 18 (2 bo...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- FlowersPhilippinesLedeline finds pleasure in doing her gardening activities. Not only is she doing her hobby, she earns an income as well. At the age of 33 and married, she busies herself to...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,966 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.