Join Kavapoint's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreTimor-LesteAngelita is 27 years old and married with 2 children. She has a kiosk that she started in 2017, where many people come to buy goods every day. Running her business has made...Read their story >
- FarmingHondurasThis borrower lives in the village of Teupasenti with his family. He works in agriculture and coffee growing. That is where he gets his main income.
He grows hi...Read their story >
- LivestockPhilippinesSusana is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a business raising livestock in the Philippines.
She is borrowing PHP 30,000 through NWTF to buy feeds and other su...Read their story >
- Animal SalesMaliSiaka is alone in the photo with the goat because of COVID-19. Age 49 and of Malian nationality, he is married and father to five children ranging in age from 10 to 17; two...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesRosalie is 48 years old and married with three children.
Rosalie runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 17,000 loan through NWTF to buy item...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kavapoint, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,818 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.