Join Kavapoint's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanTahmina was born in the city of Vahdat. She lives there with her three children. Her husband works as a handyman in the city.
Tahmina is an intelligent and hard...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJames is a 43-year-old maize farmer from Moiben/Kuserwo, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has three chickens and one cow on his land. James histo...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Fredrick, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. He is 57 years old and has eight children. As a group leader, he is representing his gro...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJafred is a 59-year-old proud father of 4 children. He is a group leader, often described as a very hardworking individual, and is representing his group of six farmers in ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesKyrgyzstanNurayim is 25, she is single and has a daughter. She has a higher education and works as a teacher in a kindergarten.
She earns around 10,000 soms (KGS) per month.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kavapoint, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,649 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.