Join Kavapoint's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoCarlos is 34 years old, married to Elena, and has a child. For 5 years, he has worked at a mechanic shop.
For some time, Carlos's mother has needed hearing aids...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJoy is 41 years old. She is married woman with four children, who are all in school. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
She has a general store business in...Read their story >
- PigsVietnamMr Kỳ is 52-years-old and married with three children. His family lives in a small village of Quang Xuong, a coastal region of Thanh Hoa province. He and his wife are farme...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanAkbermet is 66 and married with one son. She has a high school education and is a kind and responsive person. She has been working in animal husbandry and agriculture for 2...Read their story >
- FarmingTimor-LesteNatalino is 24 years old and married, with one child. He has a farming business that he started in 2018 and grows vegetables and fruits to sell to a local market and genera...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kavapoint, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,894 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.