Join Carleton Wilson's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketPhilippinesClara works hard to support her family. Clara is married and has a buy and sell frozen foods business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 25,000 loan through...Read their story >
- Liquor Store / Off-LicenseUgandaEmmanuel is married with 1 school going child. He is the sole source provider for his family which makes him work tooth and nail to make ends meet. He is a renowned wine an...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesRosita is a widowed woman with six children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Rosita has a food vending business in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 1...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaSpecial people of Kiva!
The above picture is of Margaret, a 42-year-old mom of three children, who has always struggled to make her dreams become a reality. She ...Read their story >
- Food StallColombiaClara Luz is a microentrepreneur, 47 years old and a resident of the city of Barranquilla, where she lives with her spouse. For 2 years, she has had as a business preparing...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Carleton Wilson, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,235 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.