Join Carleton Wilson's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodSamoaLusia is a 50-year-old mother with 2 children. She runs a small business of selling tuna and toast sandwiches in her community to earn a living. She has been doing this for...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanThis is Ikhtiyor. He is a 38-year-old man who lives with his wife and four children in the Khistevarz region. He is engaged in animal husbandry. He has been involved in thi...Read their story >
- RetailUgandaPeter is a father of 6 children and they reside in Kasese Uganda. For the last 4 years, he has been involved in an agro produce business that sells food stuffs like maize, ...Read their story >
- CerealsMalawiElizabeth is age 50. She is married with three children and also cares for one other person. Her husband sells fish.
Elizabeth sells beans. She has now requested...Read their story >
- VehicleCambodiaYa, 35, is local villager who is living in Kampong Thom province, Cambodia. She has two kids who are now studying in a local state school. To earn a living, she and her hus...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Carleton Wilson, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,739 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.