Join Carleton Wilson's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)This Kyar Kone (A) Village Group consists of eight customers: Khin, Myo, San, Ye, Hla, Khin M, Tin, and Thandar. The village is located in the Delta Region of Myanmar. Most...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesColombiaHalina is 38 years old. She is an independent businesswoman from the capital of Atlántico. She is married and she is the mother of a 19 year old young woman. Her business i...Read their story >
- VehicleCambodiaVuth lives with his wife and two children at Khan Prek Pnov, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
To earn a living, he and his wife are working together. Vuth is a construction...Read their story >
- Food MarketPalestineAnwar is a 28-year-old married father of one child and a Palestinian refugee who lives in a Palestinian refugee camp.
He has a small market for 10 years and he a...Read their story >
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)Hman Cho-5 (E ) Village Group is situated in central Myanmar’s Monywa Township. Those in the above picture are loan clients named Mho, Mya, Than, Kyi, and Win.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Carleton Wilson, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,867 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.