Join Totto's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PropertyUgandaFerdinand is a married man with two children. He is a banker by profession. His goal in life is to buy as many properties as close to the city as possible to expand his sou...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
- Personal Housing ExpensesNicaraguaKaren is a 31-year-old woman. She defines herself as an entrepreneurial woman. She is a businesswoman who works selling cosmetics.
Karen is requesting a loan ...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
- CerealsKenyaDennis is a smallholder farmer full of dreams and aspirations for his life. He resides in a remote village in the lush hills of Nyamira, in the central region of Kenya.
Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- FarmingKenyaTabitha is a noble, hardworking, honest, and humble farmer. She is a resident of the Eldoret area of Kenya, is married, and has over five years of experience working indepe...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- FoodEcuadorBélgica is 51 years old. Some time ago her husband died, but from this relationship she has eight children, 5 of which are adults and three are from 17, 14, and 12 years ol...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
Kiva lenders, like Totto, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,621 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.