Join Aliyah's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesCambodiaSeng, 53, is a widowed mother of two children who lives in the Takeo province of Cambodia. She is a cassava trader and has been in this business for around 5 years to make ...Read their story >
- Wedding ExpensesTajikistanFarogat was born in 1972 in a family of dehkans. Currently, she is married and lives with her husband and three children in the A. Jomi district. Her sons are 22 and 16 yea...Read their story >
- LivestockArmeniaGet to know Anna! Anna is a skillful agronomist from Shaqe village. She stays there with her husband and three sons. Her sons are Anna's main assistants when it comes to th...Read their story >
- General StoreIndonesiaThree businesswomen joined together in a group to get additional capital to support their businesses. Maria, one of them, is a 41-year-old woman, who is married to Adolfus,...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaTo improve her housing conditions and to be able to offer a good education to her cute-looking two children are the goals that motivate Abigael to get up and work hard.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Aliyah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,964 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.