Join Aliyah's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaKabiru is a Babban Gona maize farmer from Sabon Gida village with big dreams. In addition to farming, he hopes to diversify his income and support his family and community ...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- TaxiGeorgiaVazha is 29 years old married man from the small village called Dzegvi, Mtskheta district. Vazha lives with his wife, parents and pensioner grandmother. Vazha works at loca...Read their story >Funding via Credo
- FarmingEcuadorMaria is 48 years old. She is married, and she is raising a son. She and her husband make their living in farming, and the family’s financial well-being depends mainly on...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- PigsKenyaCaroline is a very hardworking, honest and dedicated farmer who lives in Bungoma. She is happily married and is blessed with four children. She has been practicing mixed fa...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- SewingColombiaAna, for a great part of her life, has worked as a dressmaker. In this way, she has generated the resources to support herself.
Ana is characterized ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Aliyah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,676 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.