Join Aliyah's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesSamoaFilipina is a 43-year-old married woman with five children. She runs a small canteen in her community to earn a living. She has two years of experience with this business. ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesLebanonLayal is a 28-year-old married mother of two. Due to her husband's low salary, she started selling clothes, perfumes, make up, and some cosmetics from her house to help in ...Read their story >
- SewingColombiaA long time ago Nestor learned the trade of sewing clothing. He is an enterprising man, always ready to serve his customers in the best manner.
He feels very gra...Read their story >
- PropertyUgandaPaul is a 43-year-old businessman who lives in Masindi, Uganda.
For the last 14 years he has been involved in a milling business. He says he bought his milling m...Read their story >
- LivestockPakistanIncreasing daily expenditures are what compelled Naseem to initiate her own business of selling animals. She is a 46-year-old married woman who has been doing this busines...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Aliyah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,951 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.