Join Aliyah's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ManufacturingPakistanNajma is a 51-year-old woman living with her spouse. She is a mother of seven children. She lives in the populated area of Multan, Pakistan.
Her husband has ha...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StorePhilippinesMaribel is a sari-sari storeowner who lives in a town of Concepcion, Iloilo. She is married with two children, ages 12 and 9 years old. With her eagerness to help her husba...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- RetailColombiaIsabel is 63 years old and a resident of the city of Cartagena de Indias. She is very enterprising, and taking into account the great amount of knowledge she had, she start...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Fish SellingPhilippinesAs a married mother of three children, Rona works hard to support her family. She has a fish vending business in the Philippines. Rona is borrowing PHP 40,000 through NWTF...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- RetailPhilippinesApolonia signed up for her membership with PMPC and obtained the capital she needed to start her eatery business. She was able to turn the tide in her favor and is making ...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Aliyah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,358 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.