Join Jonathan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaVirginia is 26 years old. She is married and blessed with seven children. Her business is farming, which she has done for 6 years. This is her first loan, which she wil...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- TailoringPakistanSidra is 28 years old women and working as a tailor of woman cloths for the last one year. She works at her home and provides tailoring services to the women of her area. H...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- TailoringPakistanSajida is a women entrepreneur and struggling to bring prosperity to her family. She is 57 years old and lives in a small house with 8 family members. Some years ago, she d...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- CerealsUgandaGilvasio is a produce trader specializing in maize, cassava, millet and, coffee. He started this business way back in 2010 and is requesting for a loan facility to add capi...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM
- Home Products SalesKenyaFlorence is a married woman. She has two children. She describes herself as God fearing. She operates a retail business where she sells plastic containers, shoes and other ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,976 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.