Join Jonathan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home AppliancesCambodiaTha’s Group lives in a rural village in Pursat province in Cambodia. Tha makes a living cultivating rice to support her family.
In their village, there is no re...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesMilagros is a married woman with two children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Milagros is 47 years old and one child of hers is still in school.
She h...Read their story >
- LivestockPakistanNaseem is a 49 year-old woman who lives with her spouse in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Naseem has been raising baby buffaloes as a source of income for four years.
...Read their story >
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)This village group is called Ma Gyi Kone-1 (B) in which five loan customers are included. They are Sein, Aung, Tin, Than and Soe who are shown in the above picture.
<...Read their story >
- LivestockMaliSory is pictured holding the cow by the rope. He is 52 years old, married, and the father of six children, two of whom go to school.
He has been raising cows for...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,890 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.