Join Jonathan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaManuela is a woman who, with a lot of sacrifice and work, has gotten her family ahead. She says that with the loans, she has managed to have her family prosper and to impro...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamThúy is 38 years old and married. She has operated a food stall/restaurant selling fish for more than 10 years. Thúy lives in Hau Loc district, a rural town in Thanh Hoa...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution Limited Liability
- General StoreUgandaJuliet is 30 years old and married with one child, who is in school. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
Juliet has a retail shop business in one of the tra...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
- AgricultureEl SalvadorCarlos is thankful for the service and financial support provided when he needs it. He is choosing to ask for a new loan to buy insecticides, herbicides, and pesticides so...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- RetailPeruNestor is a 48 year old single father who lives with his children in Oyotún district ,a rural area in the province of Chiclayo, in the departament of Lambayeque, in Perú.
Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,073 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.