Join Jonathan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ServicesIndonesiaOmah is married and has children. She lives in Majalengka, one of regencies in West Java, located about a four to five hours' drive from Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia. ...Read their story >Funding via PT Rekan Usaha Mikro Anda (Ruma)
- RetailBurundiFrançois is a part of the Karakura group and he lives in Bujumbura. He is 34 years old and married to Immaculée, a merchant. Together they have one child that is one year o...Read their story >Funding via Turame Community Finance, a partner of World Relief and HOPE International
- LivestockTajikistanThis is Khursand. He is a 52-year-old man who is very hardworking and ambitious. Khursand is married and is the thoughtful father of four lovely children. He tries to see t...Read their story >Funding via MDO Arvand, LLC
- PigsPhilippinesDionacar is 39 years old and a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Dionacar has a business raising pigs in the Philippines. She has been in this business for four ye...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- CattleEl SalvadorSantos lives with his wife and 21 year old son. His wife takes care of household duties and his son helps take care of the cattle. Santos makes a living raising and sell...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,924 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.