Join Jonathan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureSamoaAsolima is 38 years old and married with four children. She has a small garden where she grows cabbages that she can sell in her community or at the market. She has been do...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineLina is a 36-year-old married woman with 4 children. She will use the loan to enhance her kitchen such as installation cabinets for it. She hopes that loan will protect her...Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
- General StoreEl SalvadorJosé studied through secondary school, is partnered and his partner helps him to serve the customers in his store.
José has a store in his house and ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaLirwanu is a Babban Gona maize farmer from Dutsen Koka village. As a Babban Gona member, Lirwanu does not have to worry about failed crops and poor harvests. Thanks to acce...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- FarmingKenyaDear Kiva lenders,
Priscah is a happily married woman. She lives in the Eldoret area of Kenya and has two children. Her family is the greatest thing in her life ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,909 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.