Join Jonathan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanNargas Nawaz is a professional tailor. She learned the art of sewing from her mother, at a very young age.
Nowadays, she's the trusted tailor of hundreds o...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- RetailColombiaAnderson, aged 35 years, is a hard-working man from the capital city who works as a builder and in his industrial rags micro-business. He got the idea for his business afte...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- FarmingSamoaAimalefoa is 47 years old and married with 5 children.
She has a small plantation where she grows taro and bananas that she can sell in her community or at the ...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- Home EnergyPalestineMahmmud is a 46-year-old married man from Dier Al Balah city, which is located in the Gaza Strip. He lives with his wife in a small house. He tries very hard to provide the...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Education providerArmeniaKristine asks for her third Kiva loan and she is very thankful for all her Kiva support. She is 32 years old. She lives in Vanadzor city in the Lori region. Her husband wor...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,620 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.