Join Jonathan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Mobile PhonesPakistanNasreen is 36 years old and lives with her four children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Her husband has been running a mobile phone shop for a couple of years, earning su...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- PigsPhilippinesRosalie is 41 years old and married with three children.
She earns a living by having a pig fattening business in the Philippines. Rosalie is borrowing PHP 40,00...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Higher education costsJordanAnmar is 21 years old and lives in a sector in Jordan called Ajloun. Anmar is an ambitious man, and in some ways, a nosy person; he likes to know and understand everything...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- Animal SalesPakistanIt was hard for Yasmeen to manage her household expenses with the small income of her husband. Yasmeen is a 30-year-old married woman. Some years ago she started her busine...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- LivestockEl SalvadorNilma is 23 years old and studied until the sixth grade. She is married and has a daughter who depends on her.
Nilma works raising cattle, pig, and bovine. She h...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,959 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.