Join Gina's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketTajikistanQizlarsara has her own business in A.Jomi region. She has a small shop where she sells food and household goods. Qizlarsara has been doing this for 9 years. Her husband wo...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanA resident of Yavan, Shahnoza is a 26-year-old woman. She is divorced from her husband, so she lives with her parents and two sons.
Shahnoza is a very well-bred,...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorCecilia has a first grade education. She has three children who live on their own, and she lives with her husband who is a mason.
Cecilia had a restaurant where ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanGulsifat is very grateful to the Kiva lenders for their support and caring. She was able to purchase a computerized sewing machine and can now work faster. Gulsifat wants t...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanMarjona is a wise girl. She is 23 years old. She lives with her parents in the district of Khuroson. Marjona has over four years of experience in animal husbandry and now s...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Gina, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,609 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.