Join Jeff's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreSolomon IslandsTheresa wants to thank the Kiva lenders for supporting her previous loan, which allowed her to buy additional food items for her general store business. She paid off that ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesRose is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with two children.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 10,000 loan through NWTF to buy items...Read their story >
- RetailParaguayThe 13 women of this group are striving and working hard to support their families. They have set a goal to grow, not only financially, but also as people. All of them ar...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaThank you for supporting Stephanny in her previous loan. With it, she was able to invest in the purchase of handbags, men's and women's wallets, clothing, costume jewelry a...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesElena is 43 years old and married with two children. With a child in school, she works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jeff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,823 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.