Join Jeff's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesParaguayThis committee is participating in the Poverty Elimination program. One member is Mirian, who makes her living making and selling chipas (cheese rolls). This is a tradition...Read their story >
- ServicesColombiaAlvaro Luis is a small entrepreneur who lives with his family in the city of Barranquilla. He built a legal company called Fundación Massvida, which has been in operation ...Read their story >
- Food StallEcuadorLaura Janeth and her family live in Santa Ana, which is a lovely valley where there are corn and rice crops, livestock, and the cuisine has a variety of traditional dishes ...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaBello is a hardworking farmer who has the ambition to expand his land under cultivation and earn higher profits from farming. As a member of Babban Gona, he has access to h...Read their story >
- Butcher ShopColombiaThank you for the support offered to Katerine with her previous loan, with which she was able to purchase a larger quantity of supplies. Thanks to this, her sales and profi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jeff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,833 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.