Join Jeff's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureTajikistanHayriniso is 52 years old. She is a native of the Yavan region. This area is located in the southwestern part of Tajikistan and is one of the warmest places in the republic...Read their story >
- RestaurantKenyaLilian is married and has five children. She is a hardworking entrepreneur who operates a restaurant to provide for her family. Her joy comes when she sees her customers fl...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesEcuadorAnderson is 20 years old and currently lives in the city of Ibarra with his sister and mother. From a very young age, Anderson has worked on his own selling fruit by the p...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMa. Jolly is 50 years old and married with five children. She works very hard to provide for them. Ma. Jolly runs a general store in the Philippines and has requested for a...Read their story >
- CerealsPeruThe members are part of the community bank "Mosod Wasi". This bank is located in the district of Cusco, which is in the province of Cusco and department of Cusco.
The...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jeff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,823 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.