Join Jeff's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaThis is Joan, a young mum aged 21 years and and a very aggressive lady in everything she does. Joan ventured into farming eight years ago so as to provide a meal for her fa...Read their story >
- Food MarketLiberiaMeet 45 year-old Annie from Liberia. She is married with 6 children. She attended school up to 9th grade.
Annie runs a business which sells water and cold juice...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesNida is a married woman with three children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. She is 63 years old.
She has a food vending business in the Philippines and ...Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanThis wonderful woman is Jazgul. She is 40 years old, married and have dependent children. She has a high school education. By character, she is responsible and friendly. As...Read their story >
- LivestockKyrgyzstanBaktybek, 55, lives with his wife and 3 children in the Jeti-Oguz region. The mountainous area with spacious pastures is ideal for raising livestock.
He has bee...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jeff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,297 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.