Join Craig and Linda's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaLuz took, years ago, the reins of a small tortilla shop and the sale of cooked beans to earn an income and improve her lifestyle and that of her family's. She considers her...Read their story >
- PoultryEcuadorDayana is a young woman who is 28 years old. She is single and lives with her parents. She is an enthusiastic woman who, in addition to her employment, works raising chic...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaWycliffe is a 46-year-old proud father of three children. He is a group leader, often described as a very hardworking individual, and is representing his group of six farme...Read their story >
- SewingJordanMona, a Jordanian lady in her mid-forties, lives independently with very limited financial resources. Looking for an opportunity to increase her income and to satisfy her n...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorEdwin, age 26, attended high school. He is single and lives with his parents.
Edwin works raising and selling cattle, and he also sells dairy products. He learne...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Craig and Linda, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,168 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.