Join IheartPGH's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Roselyne, often described as an extremely friendly person. She is 33 years old and has 5 children. As group leader, she is representing her group of 8 far...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaRefa's Group is formed by 10 farmers in Mumias District and is being represented by Refa, who is the group leader pictured above. She is 47 years old and has 5 children. Re...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesEcuadorAngelita is a hardworking 49-year-old woman who lives in the city of Esmeraldas with her 3 children. Angelita works informally selling fruits and vegetables to pay for her ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSenegalThese four women live in the same village and share a good relationship. They joined this group which was inaugurated in January 1997. They have benefited several times fro...Read their story >
- TransportationNicaraguaOscar is a professional on the wheel. He works providing express trips to students from the different departments [states] in the north of the country. This profession has ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like IheartPGH, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,501 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.