Join Lenny's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaFlomenah (a mom of three) is a crop and dairy farmer who lives in a remote village in the Kapsabet region in Kenya. She works hard to meet the demands of her family and to ...Read their story >
- CattleEcuadorDeisy is a young woman from the countryside. She is 20 years old and lives in a rented house in a rural area called El Pumamaque. Her family is formed by her stepfather, he...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesTajikistanSafargul, 53, comes from Balkhi. Safargul's husband is working abroad and sending remittances home.
Safargul is an honest and responsible woman who makes a livin...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Aloys is working alongside One Acre Fund. He has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2015 and, although he...Read their story >
- Food MarketSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone! This is 38-year-old Osman from Lunsar branch.
He is married businessman with three children between the ages of 3 and 19 years old ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lenny, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,998 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.