Join Lenny's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureKenyaSheila is 30 years old, married to Stephen and blessed with four children whom she supports. She has been into livestock farming and retail businesses for the last five yea...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaFlorence is a mother of two children and a true example of a truly focused African mother. She is very hardworking and determined towards improving the affairs of her famil...Read their story >
- Fuel/FirewoodGuatemalaAdelaida (the first person in the photo, from right to left) is a woman with great aspirations in life. She’s 24 years old, married, and has a beautiful family whom she liv...Read their story >
- PoultryKenyaJaneth is a 27-year-old mother of two children living in Sotik, a town surrounded by prime agricultural lands that favor large-scale grain farming, dairy and horticultural ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaWhen Gladys, a 32-year-old mom of 4 school going children pictured in her simple house, was starting mixed farming a few years ago, her efforts only seemed very small compa...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lenny, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 873 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.