Join Lenny's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesSusana is 66 years old and married, with one child. Susana works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a 19,00...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesPhilippinesFe is 62 years old and married with four children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a buy-and-sell charcoal business in the Philippines and requ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Melsa, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. She is 60 years old and, as a group leader, she is representing her group of 10 farmers in ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaKelvin is a 29-year-old maize farmer in Kapkatet, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 15 chickens on his land. Kelvin has historically struggled t...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaVeronica is 55 years old and has 2 children. She has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very hardworking individual. Even though Veronica is th...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lenny, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,237 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.