Join Javier's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailColombiaThank you for supporting Rosestella with her previous loan with which she invested in clothing, shoes, small household appliances, perfumes, personal hygiene products, and ...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreCambodiaChanthou is 36 years old and is a married woman with four children. She sells groceries and beverages. Her husband works as a construction worker. She has been running this...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaPhilip is 59 years old. He is married and blessed with three children.
He has been running the retail shop business for more than 10 years from which...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesVioleta, aged 54, is married to Melecio. She is the mother of five children.
She has owned and managed a rice farming business in their village for eight years....Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Samwel, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. He is 53 years old and, as a group leader, is representing his group of 9 farmers in Mate...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Javier, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,899 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.