Join Volkan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePakistanBushra is 31 years old. She lives with her three children and husband in Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan. Her growing family has been facing the challenge of meeting expenses wit...Read their story >
- Animal SalesMaliAbraham is a member of the group called LANA of the RMCR branch office. He is the gentleman in the red T-shirt with a hand raised and accompanied by the members of his grou...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoOrlando lives in a town that is north of the city of Monterrey. He is in a common-law relationship with Leslie. Orlando works as a store manager for a business in his tow...Read their story >
- FoodEcuadorThe Junin canton is a producer of sugar cane, an important item in the economy of this town and a product based on raw cane sugar and the liquor known as "Currincho". On th...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesLebanonHosn is a married woman from Lebanon. Born in 1985, she lives with her husband and four kids in their own apartment in the Bekaa area. She works in the beauty sector specia...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Volkan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,208 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.