Join Volkan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesHondurasElin, 31, is the father of 2 children, and he lives with his wife in a community of Trojes in western Honduras. He mainly works as a coffee farmer; he has a lot of experie...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras, S.A.
- LivestockMaliSeydou is 37 years old and from Mali. He is married and the father of seven children, five sons and two daughters. The children age from four to 20 years old. One of the so...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- General StoreTanzaniaKibwana 57, is married and he's a father of seven children. He owns a general store that sells a variety of consumer goods around Kinondoni local district of Dar es Salaam....Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania Ltd
- FarmingKenyaMayeku is 53 years old and has 7 children. He is a group leader and is representing his group formed by 13 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya.
Mayeku has been f...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorMaria, aged 46, lives in a home she owns with her partner and two children. She has worked in agriculture for over 20 years, and uses the earnings from her sales to be able...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Volkan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,940 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.