Join Volkan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesAlbaniaBajame or 'almond' in English is a widowed mother of two in her mid fifties and a member of the Egyptian Albanian community in her region and she resides in a major city in...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Albania
- General StoreSamoaMile is 47 years old, married, and has five children. She owns and operates a small store, selling items such as soaps, frozen food, tinned food, snacks, drinks, etc.
...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- General StorePhilippinesCharito is married and has a general store in the Philippines. She has requested a 14,000 PHP loan through NWTF in order to purchase more groceries to sell.
Char...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- AgricultureArmeniaMeet Samvel! Samvel is a 61-year-old skillful farmer from Tavush region, a region considered to be a conflict zone. Samvel carries on living in that zone with his family of...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- CattleEl SalvadorMoises studied until 9th grade and his partner works on housework and agriculture. They have 3 children, of which 2 are studying.
Moises lends his services as a ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Volkan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,071 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.