Join Volkan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingAzerbaijanAli was born and grew up in a village in Bilasuvar IDP (Internally Displaced People) Settlement. Since childhood he helped his parents with farming, as the people in the vi...Read their story >Funding via Aqroinvest Credit Union
- RetailLebanonRadiya is 45 years old; she is a married mother of two children. In May 2012, she decided to start her own business and quit working as a nurse, which started to be hard fo...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- VehicleCambodiaAt age 37 years old, Leap is a villager living in Kandal province. She is married and has five children, one of whom is involved with her in business and others are high sc...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- General StorePhilippinesTeresita is 59 years old and married with four children. She works very hard to provide for them.
Teresita runs a general store in the Philippines and requested ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- PoultryEl SalvadorMaría, a single mother, went through many a hardship to raise her three children. All of them are independent now and help her financially. She lives with a family member...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
Kiva lenders, like Volkan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,379 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.