Join Volkan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingEl SalvadorJuan is 55 years old. He has a partner and four children. Juan has worked in agriculture since he was a child. Everything he knows he learned thanks to his father who grew ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- General StorePhilippinesMiguilina is 46 years old, is married, and has two children. She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 11,00...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Fish SellingTanzaniaJohn, 50, is married and has four children who are still in school. He is a very famous fishmonger from Lake Tanganyika and he has been in this business for over 20 years. ...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania Ltd
- General StoreIndonesiaNonia (whose hand is raised), a 32-year-old woman, is the representative of the Lontar Group, consisting of five women. Nonia lives with her husband Marthen, a 40-year-old ...Read their story >Funding via Tanaoba Lais Manekat Foundation (TLM)
- FarmingArmeniaGet to know Gohar! Gohar is a 40-year-old agronomist with 15 years of experience. She founded her farm with the help of her husband. Now her husband is a migrant worker in ...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
Kiva lenders, like Volkan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,050 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.