Join Volkan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Spare PartsKenyaEric is a married man. He has three children. He describes himself to be determined.
Eric operates a retail business where he sells motorcycle spare parts. He h...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- RetailEl SalvadorAngel sells lotions, cosmetics, detergents, soap, and other things in order to generate income. She lost her job and needed to find a way to have her own source of income. ...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Fish SellingVietnamMrs Hà is 43 years old and she is married with 2 children. She has had a food stall selling fish for more than 10 years. Hà lives in Quang Xuong district, a semi-urban town...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution
- TransportationTajikistanMa'rufjon lives in Qubadiyon. It is the hottest place in Tajikistan, and so in May fruit is already ripe. The first fruits on grocery shelves are from this region. Ma'rufjo...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Education providerUgandaGreetings from Uganda! This is Mariam, who is the head teacher at the Happy Maria Public School, a mixed school with 300 students in the urban area of Bweyogerere in the Wa...Read their story >Funding via Impact Carbon
Kiva lenders, like Volkan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,940 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.