Join Fabienne's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreColombiaJorge Armando, 39, is an entrepreneur in the city of Barranquilla, and lives with his wife and children. He started his general store business with the aim of earning incom...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaSarah is a single mother of one child and an ever-smiling woman who feels happy to share her story again on this platform.
Sarah was born into a family where fa...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonParaguayThe group called "3 de Noviembre" was formed in the Curuguaty zone. It is a somewhat dangerous zone, that is, a zone that is sensitive because of the social conflict that i...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesHilda, aged 45, is a married woman with four children, three of whom are in school. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
She has a fishing business in the P...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesLiberiaOretha is 45 years old, married and has six children. All of her children are schooling and live at home. Oretha is a hardworking businesswoman who sells charcoal. For the ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Fabienne, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,483 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.