Join Kenneth's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailGhanaIsaac is a member of Asomdwe Amuzu Group, where members guarantee each other to access credit and develop themselves.
Isaac is a hard-working married man living...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesEngineta is a married woman with nine children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Engineta is 64 years old and has one child in school.
She has a food ven...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMeet Dinah, from the very fertile Nandi Hills area of Kenya. She is 51 years old and has three children. Other than operating some small businesses, Dinah is a very hard-wo...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesEstrella is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a business direct selling personal care products business in the Philippines.
She is borrowing PHP 20,000 throug...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreNicaraguaFlor started her business selling a little candy, and then expanded with the support of her daughter. Many of her customers are satisfied by the service and her kindness. ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kenneth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 9,051 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.