Join Kenneth's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesMeriam is 32 years old and married with three children, two of whom are in school. Meriam works very hard to provide for them.
Meriam runs a general store in the...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesEcuadorMayra Maria is 36 years old. She is single and has no children at this time. She is a public school teacher, and lives in her own home in the city of Calceta. It's main sou...Read their story >
- FishingUgandaManuelina is a 27-year-old married woman with four children, of whom three go to school. She has been in the fishing business for six years and has been faced with challeng...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaKennedy is a hardworking, happily married Kenyan man who has been blessed with 4 children and a loving wife. To support his family, he runs a general store to meet his fami...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesElizabeth is 38 years old and has two children. Elizabeth is married and has one child who is currently in school.
Elizabeth is in the agricultural pig fattenin...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kenneth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,533 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.