Join Kenneth's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesIndiaPayalben is a 24-year-old married woman living in Surendranagar, Gujarat. She is an enterprising woman and runs a small-scale clothing business. She has a household of 3 me...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs. Trang is 24 years old and married. She is a Muong ethnic minority and lives in Ngoc Lac, a mountainous region of Thanh Hoa province, far from the center.
Sh...Read their story >
- FarmingTanzaniaPictured above is Batista, who, as a group leader, is representing his group of 13 farmers in Iringa District, Tanzania. He is a father to 5 children and is known by his co...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsAlbaniaArben, 38, is from north Albania. He lives with his wife and his two children at a small village house. To provide for their family, Arben operates large equipment, and his...Read their story >
- WeavingIndiaSaraswati is a 43-year-old married woman living in a small village of Nadia district, West Bengal. She runs a handloom business in her locality. She weaves saris to sell at...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kenneth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,737 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.