Join Kenneth's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesSamoaNuufou is 63 years old with six children. She runs a small business selling ice cakes and pancakes in her community to earn a living. She has been doing this for more than ...Read their story >
- Food StallParaguayThe group named Mujeres Unidas was formed with the joining of friends and neighbors from the city of Encarnación, who seek the way to be able to improve their quality of li...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesCambodiaSeab is 45 years old and is a married woman. She sells clothes. Her husband is a motor taxi driver. She has been running this business for 1.5 years. The fluctuation in pri...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesYolanda is 55 years old and single.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 10,000 loan through NWTF to buy items to sell like canned goo...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesCristy works hard to support her family. She is married and has a fish vending business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 18,000 loan through NWTF to buy a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kenneth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 13,269 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.