Join Kenneth's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureKenyaKiptalam is a 79-year-old maize farmer in Moiben, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 5 chickens and 2 cows on his land. Historically, Kiptalam s...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesEvangeline is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a pig fattening business in the Philippines. Evangeline fully repaid her previous loan, and now she has requested another l...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorJonathan studied up to the ninth grade in school. He's single and lives with his mother and two siblings.
Jonathan started to look for employment since he finish...Read their story >
- PoultryEcuadorThrough the support received, the borrower has managed to get her business ahead, selling small animals. Leidy is a charming young mother. She enjoys her home, which is not...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Maurine, often described as an extremely reliable person. She is 47 years old and has 6 children. As a group leader, she is representing her group of 11 f...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kenneth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,031 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.