Join Kenneth's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingTajikistanNasyba, 39, is a mother of five from Yavan. She is planning to start her own sewing business. Nasyba is a determined woman and a skilled and experienced seamstress. She set...Read their story >
- ConstructionParaguayRosa Graciela is from the city of Curuguaty. She sells concrete beams, basins, pipes and other construction products.
She mentions that the crisis the world is g...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPopularly known as "the breadbasket of Kenya" because of large farms in the area, Embu has a beautiful landscape. Kiva lenders, meet Fridah, who hails from Embu, which is h...Read their story >
- TailoringTajikistanThe 26-year-old Farzonai lives in Muminobod district with her husband, her husband's parents, and her two children. She tries her best to cope with family problems and work...Read their story >
- Food StallParaguayLike a few others in her group, Amalia turned her love for cooking into a means for providing for her family financially. She now takes joy in being able to provide a more ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kenneth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 862 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.