Join Kenneth's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanThis woman is Feruza. She is 43 years old and widowed with four children. Feruza lives with her two sons and two daughters in the Yavan region. She has been emroidering nat...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaHarriet is a repeat client with UGAFODE. She is a single mother of two children. She grew up in a family that practiced agriculture and has taken on the activity to mainly ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaFrancis is a 52-year-old proud father of 4 children. He is a group leader, who is often described as a very experienced farmer, and is representing his group of 9 farmers i...Read their story >
- FarmingTajikistanRoziya expresses her gratitude for the support and care. She purposefully used the loan. Roziya wants to once again apply for support and buy mineral fertilizers and cotton...Read their story >
- PigsUgandaJoice is widowed with 6 children. She is a permanent resident of Mpigi and that is where she runs her piggery project to earn incomes to fend for her family.
She...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kenneth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,245 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.