Join IheartPGH's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Muhammed, often described as an extremely experienced farmer. He is 56 years old and has 9 children. As a group leader, he is representing his group of 8 ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Beatrice, often described as an extremely resourceful person. She is 50-years-old and has 5 children. As a group leader, she is representing her group of ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesKenyaFrancker, 30, is blessed with two young children who are nine and seven years old, and a supportive husband. She is a hardworking lady who enjoys clothing her customers as ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCelestine, pictured above, has been a farmer for 16 years, and is now proud to represent her group of 10 farmers in Teso District. She is 32 years old, married and has 4 ch...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaRithy, age 30, is married and lives with his family in the Chhuk district, Kampot province. Rithy earn a living by working as an officer in a small private company. Rithy’s...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like IheartPGH, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,501 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.