Join HER-MINE's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Cleaning ServicesEgyptRagab is 28, married and has a little kid. His wife is a housewife. He is a very caring man and is interested in providing for his family.
Ragab has a small det...Read their story >
- General StoreTimor-LesteAlcina is a modest and an enterprising 40-year-old and she is married.
She has a very good understanding of, and experience with, a general store. She has one o...Read their story >
- General StoreNicaraguaMeylin is married. She has two children who depend on her.
She has a little business where she sells products for household consumption and cosmetics. With this ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesParaguayThe group is called San Jose. It is in the first cycle with 24 members. The group was formed from the experience of some women. They have the satisfaction of continuing to ...Read their story >
- Milk SalesParaguayThe group called Entrepreneurs of San José Poty is in its third loan cycle with the program on the committee of women. They help each other in order to together achieve the...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like HER-MINE, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,007 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.