Join HER-MINE's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodEcuadorMaria is 60 years old, is a single mother and has one adult son. They live in a rented house in Manta, one of the most important cities for business and tourism on the coas...Read their story >
- FishingEl SalvadorJosé is in a common law marriage. His spouse is a homemaker and his children are in school.
José works in the fishing trade and learned it from an uncle of his....Read their story >
- Food StallHaitiJean Menos efficiently manages his business and his loan. He used his last loan to increase his stock of food products. He is asking for a new loan to increase his stock ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJames is a 53-year-old maize farmer in Saboti, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has seven chickens and one cow on his land.
James histo...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesKenyaJohn, 42, is blessed with three children, though he is divorced from his wife.
He earns his living to provide for his children by selling hay. He is acquainted w...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like HER-MINE, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,597 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.