Join Heather Kristian's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesMoldovaAurica is a 57-year-old woman from Hristoforovca village, Ungheni region, Moldova. She works as a servant at railway station from Ungheni Town. She is widowed and has two c...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaMercy is a proud mother of two children. She lives in Bungoma, a town endowed with beautiful vegetation and naturally flowing rivers. She has always worked hard on her mixe...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanDinara successfully repaid her previous loan, she is very grateful to the Kiva Foundation and to everybody who helped her with the financing. Dinara's farm today has 4 cows...Read their story >
- HotelUgandaJanet is a fifty-four-year-old married woman with seven children, of which two go to school. She has been in the hotel business for over seventeen years, and she has also m...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaCellyn (46 years old) is a single mom of 5 who is known in her village for her bubbly nature and her jovial smile. She was born in one of the poorest families in Kitale, Ke...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Heather Kristian, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,642 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.