Join Elizabeth's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaEvaline is 59 years old and is often referred to as a really trustworthy person. As group leader, she is representing her group, formed by 11 farmers, in Alego District, Ke...Read their story >
- PoultryEl SalvadorYeremi is single and lives in his parents' house. He works raising and selling chickens. He also has a small store where he sells staple goods. As another job he works as a...Read their story >
- BakeryParaguayThis is a group from the city of San Ignacio. They are women who are the heads of their families. They struggle for their loved ones in order to be able to give them ever...Read their story >
- Spare PartsKenyaVincent is 47 years old. He is blessed with a loving spouse who supports him by selling vegetables to generate income for the family. Vincent and his wife are blessed with ...Read their story >
- LivestockMaliGueladio is Malian, 42 years old, married with two wives and is the father of six children (three boys and three girls aged 1 to 15) Four of the children attend the koranic...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Elizabeth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,361 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.