Join Mindie Kniss's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockPhilippinesMary Jane is a married woman with two children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
She has a business raising livestock in the Philippines and requested a P...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaVeronicah is a 38-year-old maize farmer in Cheptiret/Kipchamo, Kenya. In addition to farming her core crop, she currently has a goat and a cow on her land. Veronicah histor...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMaria Georgie is 41 years old and married with six children. With five children still in school, Maria Georgie works very hard to provide for them.
Maria Georgie...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Jane, often described as an extremely friendly person. She is 45 years old and has 10 children. As a group leader, she is representing her group of 10 far...Read their story >
- Grocery StorePeruThe Sello de Oro communal bank is made up of nine members. The president, treasurer, and secretary collaborate in the board of directors. As you can see in the photo, there...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Mindie Kniss, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,652 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.