Join Mindie Kniss's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Used ClothingBurkina FasoMr. Issa is married with four children. The oldest is 13 and the youngest is four. Two of the children attend school and Mr. Issa supports six people. Mr. Issa has been sel...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesJuliet works hard to support three children. She is married and has a food vending business in the Philippines. Juliet requested a PHP 10000 loan through NWTF to build a s...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Jectone, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. He is 51 years old and has seven children. As a group leader, he is representing his grou...Read their story >
- Spare PartsTajikistanUmid is a diligent and purposeful man from Istaravshan, Tajikistan. He is 45 years old, married and has 3 children. He is a main provider in the family.
Umid ru...Read their story >
- Butcher ShopEcuadorLucia is a hard-working woman who succeeded with her family, giving them everything they needed to have a good future. They may not have had every luxury, but love has alwa...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Mindie Kniss, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,109 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.