Join Mindie Kniss's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Selina, who as a group leader, is representing her group formed by 15 farmers in Teso District, Kenya. She is a mother to five children and is known in he...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs Lê is 49 years old and married with two children. Her family lives in Nong Cong, an agricultural region of Thanh Hoa province.
She and her husband are farmer...Read their story >
- EmbroideryTajikistanAiysha is thankful for the support you have shown. She used her previous loan purposefully, and got an income.
Currently, Aiysha would like to purchase fabric, ...Read their story >
- FarmingHondurasDenis is 31 years old. He lives in the community of Las Marías, Rio Blanco, Olancho. His main business is farming yucca. He also has pigs in the process of being fattened. ...Read their story >
- CattleUgandaCornelius is a married man with eight children living in Kagadi, Uganda. He has been raising and selling cattle for the last 26 years; prolonged drought, though, can be a c...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Mindie Kniss, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,731 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.