Join Mindie Kniss's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureKenyaBenjamin is a 53-year-old maize farmer in Koyo-Ndurio, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 10 chicken and 4 cows on his land. Benjamin historicall...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreParaguayThis group is called Kuña Rory; they help each other and seek a way to offer their families better living conditions. They are part of the poverty elimination program, wher...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesTajikistanMuattar is a hardworking and patient woman from Gissar, Tajikistan. She is 42 years old, married, and has two children. Muattar and her husband try to cope with their fam...Read their story >
- RetailParaguayCelso is from the city of Carapeguá. He is a hard-working person who works hard to be able to help support his home and his loved ones.
For several years now, he...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis is not the first season that Miriam is working alongside One Acre Fund. She has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2019. Although she is t...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Mindie Kniss, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,005 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.