Join S.M.'s team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaJoyce is 45 years old and lives with her family in Nyamira, a town that is surrounded by vast agricultural potential with numerous small farms, as well as vast agricultural...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanMunira is a hardworking and strong-willed woman, who seeks to provide her family with everything necessary. She was born in 1983 in Spitamen, Tajikistan. She is married and...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonParaguayThe 12 women who joined this group have set a goal to succeed and move forward. Among these women who is worth mentioning is Sra. Kamila, who is a beautician. With effort...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaLucy runs a retail shop that enables her to support her three children and on occasion other family members whenever she can. She enjoys serving others and interacting with...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDeborah, age 30 years old, is a hardworking farmer from a remote village in the Nyamira area of Kenya. Thanks to her daily efforts, she has managed to give her children a g...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like S.M., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,402 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.