Join GuidesGiveBack's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockPhilippinesAustina is 56 years old, married and has five children, one in school.
She's raised livestock in the Philippines for a decade and requested a PHP 25,000 loan thr...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaElisapeta is a 61 year old mother with 3 children, she runs a small business of selling tuna sandwich, toast sandwich in her community to earn a living. She has been doing ...Read their story >
- ServicesColombiaSandra is a 29-year-old enterprising woman from the city of Cartagena de Indias where she lives with her husband and where she owns a car-wash and car cleaning product sale...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPaul, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years, and is now proud to represent his group of 12 farmers in Teso District. He is 32 years old, married and has ...Read their story >
- FoodGuatemalaSilvia is a 40 years old married mother of 3 children who are now over 18 years of age. The older ones finished high school and the younger one still studies.
T...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like GuidesGiveBack, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,884 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.