Join Tracey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingPhilippinesMarites owns a field where she cultivates corn and rice. She lives in the town of Lemery. In her free time, she also sells snack foods, such as “kakanin” (a term for swee...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanNargis is a purposeful, hardworking and kind Tajik woman. She was born in 1986 in Tursunzade, Tajikistan. She is a divorced woman with three children. She tries to provide ...Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanThis lovely woman is Toktahon. She is 38 years old and married, raising 2 children. She has a high-school education. She has been raising crops and animals since 2005 as th...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesColombiaThank you for supporting Dagoberto, a 23-year-old young entrepreneur who used his previous loan to buy merchandise such as Bermudas, accessories, glasses, t-shirts, among o...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaPhilomena is 56 years old, married and blessed with three children. She is a crop and dairy farmer and has been running her business for over 20 years.
This is ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tracey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,777 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.