Join Tracey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodVietnamThanh is 44 years old and she lives in Nong Cong District, a rural town in Thanh Hoa Province. She has operated a food stall/restaurant selling meat for more than 10 years...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesIndiaArchana is a 39-year-old married woman from Nadia district, West Bengal. She is engaged in a clothing business. She has a household of seven and a monthly income of INR 8,2...Read their story >
- Food MarketSierra LeoneIsatu, shown on the right of the picture, is a business woman who earns her income through selling palm oil. She has taken complete responsibility for running her business ...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesCristina is a farmer from the town of P-3, Upper Lamac, Oroquieta city. Married with two children, she has been in the farming business, her main source of income, for man...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesEstrella is a 49-year-old married mother of four children. She works hard to provide for her family. She has a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 15,000 l...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tracey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,580 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.