Join Tracey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsPalestineMuhammad, who appears in the photo, is 20 years old and from Nablus in the West Bank. He is a student at a local university; he is studying business administration and is e...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaStembo, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than twenty-five years, and is now proud to represent his group of fifteen farmers in Matete District. He is fifty-four y...Read their story >
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)Tin, the second person from the right, in the above picture, is aged 53. He is married and lives with his wife and children, who are his priority. Tin farms peanut and sesa...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaBeatrice is 54 years old and has 9 children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 8 farmers in Matete District, Kenya.
Beatrice has bee...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesForty-two-year-old Teodora is a cheerful, active woman from the rural area of Getafe, Bohol. She is married and has four children ages 10-19 years old, respectively. She e...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Tracey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,198 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.