Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleKyrgyzstanHardworking Asan is 49 years old and lives with his wife and 3 children. The mountainous region with its spacious pastures is ideal for raising cattle. For more than 20 yea...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis is not the first season that Maximila is working alongside One Acre Fund. She has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2016 and, although sh...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Vincent is working alongside One Acre Fund. He has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2018 and, although ...Read their story >
- Used ClothingCongo (DRC)Nsimire is delighted with the loan that he just finished with, because his business grew thanks to that investment, and he was able to feed his family.
With th...Read their story >
- TailoringSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone! This is 46-year-old Masayo from Waterloo branch. She is a married businesswoman with three children between the ages of 16 and 22. They are cur...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,543 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.