Join Liza's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Cosmetics SalesSenegalThis group is made up of five women who share strong ties of solidarity and helping one another. They live in the same village and took the opportunity to join the banc vil...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJane (a repeat Kiva borrower) is a 49-year old mother of one child. She lives in Nyamira, a town whose surroundings have vast agricultural potential with numerous small far...Read their story >
- Used ClothingNicaraguaAura is an earnest, hard-working young woman who has managed to get ahead through effort and dedication. She has her own store with new and secondhand clothing. With this, ...Read their story >
- FarmingTimor-LesteEzequiel is a humble and hardworking man who is 50 years old and owns a coffee farm in his village. Most of his time is devoted to his daily activities, such as planting an...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPhilippinesSalvacion is 51 years old and married with two children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a buy-and-sell ready-to-wear business in the Philippin...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Liza, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,828 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.