Join Eric's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- HotelKenyaKaren is 37 years old, married and a mother of four children. She is glad to have joined Hand in Hand Eastern Africa, where she has benefited with the financial management ...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesElvira is from Baybay, Leyte. She is married with six children. To earn an income, she runs a hog-raising business. She has been in this business for many years. Aside from...Read their story >
- FarmingEcuadorMercy is 45 years old and lives in a rural section of San Isidro with her husband and four children. Her family’s income is derived from farm work, primarily from growing ...Read their story >
- General StoreSolomon IslandsGladys is a 58 year-old woman and she is a widow with five children. They live in a community in Honiara, the capital of Solomon Island.
Gladys runs wants to st...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreUgandaMaggie is 32 years old and lives in the town of Mattuga in the Kawempe region of Uganda. She is married and has four children who are all currently in school. For the past ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Eric, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,736 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.