Join Eric's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKyrgyzstanSvetlana is 54 years old, married, and has three children. She is in the photo with her youngest child. She has a secondary education, and is ambitious and responsible. Sin...Read their story >
- Animal SalesKyrgyzstanTaalaikul repaid her loan, and she is very grateful to Kiva and to everyone who helped her with financing. Taalaikul's farm currently has 25 sheep and four horses.
Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorJesus is in a relationship and has a son who attends school.
Jesus works selling bread, and also raises bovine cattle to later sell. He also grows basic grains f...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaTaufala is a 33-year-old single lady who runs a small bakery in her community to earn a living. She has 3 years of experience with this business. Taufala needs a loan to bu...Read their story >
- FoodKenyaCaroline is 41 years old; she is married and blessed with three children who are all below the age of 18.
She has been running a retail shop business for 13 year...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Eric, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,768 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.