Join Eric's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaBarau is a hardworking farmer who has the ambition to expand his land under cultivation and earn higher profits from farming. As a member of Babban Gona, Barau has access t...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEmily is a 49-year-old mother of three children. She believes that success has no shortcuts and is only achieved through hard work. She lives in Litein, a town surrounded...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDavid is a 49-year-old maize farmer in Segero/Barsombe, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 20 chickens and 1 cow on his land.
David h...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesParaguayThe Santa Rosa communal bank is a group with 18 members in its first cycle. They have all been working with the foundation with great satisfaction. They are all part of the...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaEsther is 33 years old. She is married and blessed with three children. Her business is selling cereals and operating a boutique, which she has practiced for 12 years.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Eric, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,821 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.