Join Barry's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingPhilippinesMarilyn is a married woman with two children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
Marilyn has a fish vending business in the Philippines. She requested a ...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreFijiSalanieta (53) desires a loan so that she can improve her little canteen. Her main aim is to serve her people and at the same time also overcome the idleness in the village...Read their story >
- General StoreSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone!
This is 33 years old Kadiatu from Wilberforce branch. She is a single parent with two children between the ages of 3 and 6 years ol...Read their story >
- Used ClothingCongo (DRC)Ladis is happy with the loan received from the field partner PAIDEK because he has food to feed his family and his business is doing ok. This business allowed him to start ...Read their story >
- AgricultureSamoaLeuma is a 59 year old mother with 7 children. She has a small business selling vegetables such as cabbages, eggplants and cucumbers in her community to earn a living.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Barry, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 11,099 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.