Join Barry's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreCambodiaChamreum is 28 years old and is a widow woman with a child. She sells groceries, beverages, and gasoline as shown in the picture. For 11 years, she has been running this bu...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaFaith, a 30-year-old mom of one, is a happy woman. Her enormous contribution in uplifting her family out of abject poverty shows what a remarkable woman she is, given the s...Read their story >
- TailoringJordanSameera this time wants to invest in her own business. Two hands work together better than one. Her husband is still doing well but she wants her tailoring business to succ...Read their story >
- BeveragesCameroonAndre is 56 years old, married and has three children. He is the owner of a place in a neighborhood of the capital from which he has been selling take-out beverages for alm...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesUgandaLillian is married with 5 children, all in school.
She owns a boutique in a small trading centre, a few meters from her home. She has been in business for 6 year...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Barry, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,338 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.