Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesMaliSamba is a breeder, 55 years old and father of 5 children. He has asked for a loan from the IMF in order to purchase oxen from various markets in his area and resell them i...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEcuadorErick Irving and his family live in Picoaza, a place known for being a very commercial region with hardworking people who work in commerce, but also which has been very aff...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreFijiSera needs to support her family as they do not have a steady income. She has requested a loan to start a grocery shop or canteen. These neighborhood shops, usually operate...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesKenyaJoseph is happily married and is blessed with two amazing children. He runs a cosmetics business and has a supportive wife who is a businesswoman who motivates him in his b...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJanet is the 35-year-old mom of 3 school-going children. She has been involved in farming for the past few years. She has learned a range of new farming practices that impr...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,507 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.